Fox Knock knock who’s CJP LCAs

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
So I do not drive my coupe often. Maybe 6,000 miles the past 4 years.

However, the past year there has been a knock in suspension when turning. I thought the exhaust hanger gave up and the dumps were hitting.

Fast forward to earlier this month the car felt loose randomly and almost lost control otw to the grocery store under normal acceleration.

Took the car down and apart and yes I know I shouldn’t of bought the LMR/AM/CJ Pony $100ish control arms but this kind of ridiculous.

View: https://youtu.be/GgkIeT6X9u0

Replacing with Maximum Motorsports LCA.

Live and learn this time.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Can you just replace the bushings?
Yes you can, the arm itself is a solid piece just the bushings are crap.

As for you get what you pay for...yes. My issue and i emailed them about it is if LMR and CJ Pony pulled off the market. They should warn the customers to eliminate liability.

Btw American Muscle still sells a variant of this.

Side note, ignore the dusty used parts.

BB00483C-0703-4C03-9E59-7B5FCC4D4A5F.jpeg

575CE484-78E2-4C6A-B5FF-B8FEAD98555A.jpeg

So top LCA is definitely MM, but any idea of the Uppers? Appear to be similar construction, but Jack at MM confirmed MM never made UCAs.

Thoughts?

The wide urethane bushings on both sides are the problem. Neither will allow for articulation.
Lucky you only lost the bushings. If they are as strong as advertised, they will usually rip the mount instead as you articulate the axle.

That ain't nothing, my crappy ones that came with my car were worse than yours.

There is some Company making all these garbo control arms and using inferior bushings.

Mine weren't even poly, I don't think they were even rubber, looked like some hybrid rubber / plastic.

I have the same clunk.

I'm going Steeda I think, I had a full Steeda suspension on my last 94 and I road raced it for 9 years without a single issue.

42566372874_c6e85b7db4_b.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

42357703475_01129b89e5_b.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr