Knock sensor all knocked up...

Well, after changing my fuel injectors, O2 sensor, TPS, ECT, Distributor, and DIS Module, the car acted WORSE THAN EVER on the road. So I came home and unplugged the knock sensor on a hunch. It cleared right up. Keeping in mind that I have an N/A, does this mean the sensor is bad? Or does it mean something much worse? The only thing I can think that might 'sound' like a knock to it is a valve that clicks a little bit. I think this knock sensor thing was causing alot of my problems. I've gotten the air/fuel mixture leaned up a great deal. So, where do I go from here? I have another sensor in the yard, and chance it's any better?

• Sponsors (?)

2.3Lxhatch311 said:
I was wrong, it was not the knock sensor, it's the MAF sensor. I replaced it with another and it acted the same. Crappy. Unplug it, it runs better. What in the hell could this be???? I guess it really is the damn ecm.

You put in another MAF sensor or knock sensor?

Please clarify did you unplug the MAF sensor?

Try cleaning the MAF sensor, they sometimes get gunk over the filament in there and can give in an inaccurate reading.

***I was wrong about which sensor I unplugged***

I replaced the MAF. The knock sensor is fine. So was the MAF, apparently. Because the car still acts the same. Going down the road, it runs okay at times, and misses like HELL other times. I'm about to swap the new O2 for the old one and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I'm going to swap out DIS modules. (I have a spare almost everything) I'm getting confused. How could 100$ and a days work make the car run worse? It's not anything I did I hope. I always take the utmost caution when working on the stang...