Knock sensor and solid roller camshaft

PLohr

Dec 20, 2005
It is known that a mechnical roller camshaft can make the knock sensor "see" knock events when the engine is not in detonation (from the impact of the rocker arm tips to the valve stems). Has anyone had success with a solid (mechanical) roller camshaft and the factory EFI? I see that Tweecer can be used to adjust parameters relating to the sensitivity of the knock sensor. It would be great if you could use a solid roller camshaft after having reduced the sensitivity of the knock sensor. Not sure if this is possible.

It seems there should be a way of using a solid roller camshaft with the factory EFI. Although they use overhead camshafts, many Japanese motors run a solid setup including valve lash. I would assume most Japanese motors have knock sensors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

No knock sensor on 5.0 Mustangs. The 95 F150 trucks with a 5.0 had one. If you really wanted a knock sensor, you might be able to wire that one in & Tweecer it into operation.

Thanks for your replies. Wow, that was easy. Reading Tweecer's user guide had me thinking they have a knock sensor. They must be referring to the newer models as you guys mentioned.