KOEO + KOER codes on 1994 GT 5.0 . Some time won't start unless in neutral

axyun

New Member
Apr 10, 2019
3
0
1
71
Brooklyn, NY
Have 1994 mustang gt 5.0. Diagnotic on KOEO (engine off ) gave codes of 181, 189, and 332

When I ran KOER (engine running) got codes 332 and 632.

Also sometime car won't start but will always start if put in neutral.

please advise.
 
  • Sponsors(?)


axyun

New Member
Apr 10, 2019
3
0
1
71
Brooklyn, NY
Most of the time like about 80 % of the time the car will start. The other 20% of the time I turn the key and no cranking, just nothing, a click. If I wait a few seconds and try again it might start. If i put it in neutral it will start.
 

jozsefsz

5 Year Member
Aug 11, 2013
1,079
236
94
48
Cleveland OH Area
Well, if you're getting a click, I'd guess your starter solenoid is on its way out (or possibly getting heat-soaked if you have headers). This is assuming your cables are all in good shape.