KP Blown Fox tuning thread

• Sponsors (?)

@a91what ok I took her out and made some short pulls and crusied a little to get some data logs. The afr under boost seems much better now still a touch fatter then my target afr but very but inline now. the only thing not right is its getting a lean at idle now and after I mad the last pull I rolled in the drive way and it shut off and didn't want to stay idling. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• CRUISE LOG.msl
    634.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IDLE.msl
    202.2 KB · Views: 125
  • LOW BOOST PULL.msl
    125 KB · Views: 130
  • LOW BOOST PULL 2.msl
    138.8 KB · Views: 116
thats to be expected after such a large tune change. its nothing that cannot be fixed easily, do you want the advice on how to fix it or do you want me to do it for you?
I will take a look at the logs after i get home today.

yes and no, that will be the first step. you will need to look at the datalog and analyze the information then make an decision as to where the fuel needs to be added and how much. I will bet there are many other tables that need some adjusting as well to get the most out of the car [drivability wise]. WOT is easy good idle and cruise characteristics can be tricky.

I took a long look at all the logs, there is still alot that needs to be addressed...
1. The timing table is a total mess. It looks nothing like a completed table for anything i have ever tuned.. lol
2. The VE table is still messy and needs alot of work, you will need to use the logs and adjust the fuel from them. The boost fuel looks good, the idle and cruise needs help mostly.
3. Your idle settings need the most help, I remember you saying you do not have an idle valve correct? I have some tricks you can use if you dont.

In reality it would be fastest for me to just upload the corrected tune file for you, it is difficult to create a good timing table if you have not done it before. These are the things that need the most help.

I do offer private tuning classes if you want to learn how to tune it yourself.

My throttle body has the IAC but don’t know if it’s being utilized or not. Any help with the tune is greatly appreciated. I would be interested in tuning classes if you could give me more details on that. I have messed with the VE auto tune a little bit, is that something you would even suggest for just smothing out the VE table?

If the IAC is intact there is no reason not to use it.
Auto tune is Ok if you are getting the tune meatballed in, after that i like to either manually adjust it or use VE analyzer in the MegaLogViewerHD it is a fantastic tool.
I will PM you the details on the class/ tuning serivces

Yes it is very important, if the AFR is set to 'incorporate' in the general setting menu...

you can tune the car to a rich AFR target in boost 11.2 then when your done tuning to that target if you want to lean it out to say 11.8 you just have to change the AFR table... no more messing with VE numbers after its tuned to adjust the AFR

That is exactly how they work. Most of the other tables are called trim tables, they modify the base fuel equation by a given % so if a trim table has a value of 110 that mean it is changing the base fuel by 110%... you can also think of it as a simple numeric multiplier 110% = 1.1 * base fuel = final fuel value