KZGUNS tuning

• Sponsors (?)

More DL for all your viewing pleasure. Histogram is filling up with 99s and 100s getting closer... Still need to tweak WUE again since it gets out of wack with every table adjustment seems to like 11.9/12 afr so at 12.2 it surges. Figured id leave it for now till the ve table is dialed in. Once the ve is good does ego get disabled or leave it on?

Attachments

• 2019-04-11_13.25.38.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 88
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.9 KB · Views: 115
I leave the ego correction on as it's probably set to correct up to 5%. It's good as it will try to keep everything as close to 100% as possible

Reactions: 1 users
Leave ego correction in place, there is no reason to disable it at this point. If you are near 100 within the histogram i would call it a day for the fuel. you can try and add more timing at idle during warmup and see if it helps with the surging. 12AFR is pretty darn rich IMHO

Cold start this morning went well with 0 cold advance. I could tell right away it was better so I started WUE Auto tune and its running great during warm up now around 13.1. No surging at all.

Reactions: 1 user
This is why i say nobody can tune a car in one session. It takes patience to get things dialed in just right, its good to see you getting her finished up. Each engine reacts differently that's what makes this so much fun

Reactions: 1 user
This is why i say nobody can tune a car in one session. It takes patience to get things dialed in just right, its good to see you getting her finished up. Each engine reacts differently that's what makes this so much fun
Ya it definitely takes patience. Out now with the car and warm start has a brief surg for less than a minute. What do I look for to control that?

I think I’ve got it. I added a little bit to the taper as well. Was getting a small idle surge after getting the warm start surge calmed. Added 1° in the ignition table around idle and that seemed fixed it. Get some drive time running around and see how it goes

@a91what its a big DL but the issue i'm having is easiest to find right near the end while i was getting the garage open, there are other times as well but its over an 1 1/2 hrs of DL

Attachments

• 2019-04-17_07.27.55.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 96
@a91what Everything went well this morning! Drivability in traffic is night and day better! Idle is rock solid. Will see how it goes throughout today. Thanks again for your time and expert advice!
You guys out there struggling to get things really dialed in esspecially idle really need to make the time to get with Steve.