KZGUNS tuning

KZGUNS

I can swing up to 11”
5 Year Member
Jul 23, 2018
chardon, Ohio
Just getting into this. I got a pnp2 locally for a great price. The previous owner has a tune on it for a turbo application. It’s of no use to me. Where can I get a basic tune to start with?
Stock 5.0 bottom end
Edelebrock intake
70mm tb
Ported e7 heads (I’ll likely upgrade these in the spring)
Headers
E303 Cam
24# injectors
5 speed

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’ll read up a lot more before actually installing this!

• Sponsors (?)

Just getting into this. I got a pnp2 locally for a great price. The previous owner has a tune on it for a turbo application. It’s of no use to me. Where can I get a basic tune to start with?
Stock 5.0 bottom end
Edelebrock intake
70mm tb
Ported e7 heads (I’ll likely upgrade these in the spring)
Headers
E303 Cam
24# injectors
5 speed

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’ll read up a lot more before actually installing this!
You can get a base tune from the DIY website or if you like i can help you with a basetune.

You can get a base tune from the DIY website or if you like i can help you with a basetune.

Your help would be awesome! I’m completely green to this ecu and tuning so not sure where to start. Been trying to read up and watch videos and at the same time trying not to get overwhelmed lol. I think once I get some time with it it’ll click in my brain.

Your help would be awesome! I’m completely green to this ecu and tuning so not sure where to start. Been trying to read up and watch videos and at the same time trying not to get overwhelmed lol. I think once I get some time with it it’ll click in my brain.
I am going to move this to its own thread. you should download the software [its free] and start getting familiar with it now.

Poking around with this offline. The ecu version isn’t listed in the drop down menu. Which should I select. Here’s what’s on the back of mine.

Attachments

• 9535B264-9787-4068-8894-9819D64B1DB6.jpeg
    9535B264-9787-4068-8894-9819D64B1DB6.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 154
So I went to MegaSquirtPNP.com to get a base tune to download and see what it looks like and I get a error message about signature not matching. So I go back and look and that particular signature is not in the list.
Sorry if these seem like dumb questions

I am going to move this to its own thread. you should download the software [its free] and start getting familiar with it now.

@KZGUNS - @a91what created this thread for you so, you are not subscribed to it automatically as a result. Be sure to click the 'watch' button for this thread so that you get alerts.

1545222544886.png

Reactions: 1 user
Ok thats a good start, but I want to point a few things out.... I am going to tell you what i see that needs attention and let you find them and make the changes, some things like the ignition table and such I can help with later down the road [lets have you learn a bit first then i can show you what a good table looks like]

The first two things i want you to fix
-You want to 'incorporate AFR target' under general settings..... This needs to be changed before any tuning begins, this will make the VE table a real VE table.
-Take a look at the Injector dead time settings, they are very important to the way the car is going to idle and how easily it will tune. these need to be set now before tuning begins. If you look at my MS tech thread [find a link in my sig] you will find the information you need to make this happen. If you have any difficulty i will be glad to explain how in detail.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok thats a good start, but I want to point a few things out.... I am going to tell you what i see that needs attention and let you find them and make the changes, some things like the ignition table and such I can help with later down the road [lets have you learn a bit first then i can show you what a good table looks like]

The first two things i want you to fix
-You want to 'incorporate AFR target' under general settings..... This needs to be changed before any tuning begins, this will make the VE table a real VE table.
-Take a look at the Injector dead time settings, they are very important to the way the car is going to idle and how easily it will tune. these need to be set now before tuning begins. If you look at my MS tech thread [find a link in my sig] you will find the information you need to make this happen. If you have any difficulty i will be glad to explain how in detail.

Excellent i will check all this out and see where i get with it.
Thanks again!

@a91what so I’m not sure what brand my injectors are. I’m assuming some off brand ‍:( I attached the data I have for them. Although the offset seems wrong at .055 seems like is should read .55
I also am not sure I have enough info. Thoughts?

Attachments

• FEEA4EEA-93AF-4B9C-8EAC-AC9F43F627F5.jpeg
    FEEA4EEA-93AF-4B9C-8EAC-AC9F43F627F5.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 152