KZGUNS tuning

• Sponsors (?)

Look here https://www.14point7.com/products/spartan-lambda-controller-2 the nice thing about these is they can be replaced easily if they go bad and the price is right. If i ever need a new one this is what i am buying, i have had failures with both the innovate and aem units.

you need the controller and sensor, looks like $125 for both of them new

ha, google led me right to that site. $125 for sensor and controller is a great price, getting one ordered now.

@a91what did i do anything right?
yes that looks correct for now, I am going to post a few .msq parts for you to look at, these will be things like AFR target tables and IGN tables. I use these in base tunes i build so you can get an idea of what a "good" timing table looks like.
"good" meaning these work for most 5.0 engines, these tables go above 100KPA which means they are already setup for a boosted engine. They dont need to be changed even if your not boosted.
FYI------ 100KPA is WOT or the air you are currently breathing- below 100 is vacuum and above is boost.
115kpa= 2psi
170kpa= 10psi
60kpa= 10-12inhg = these are approximations from memory.

Attachments

• AFR Table Base Tune ver1.0.4.msqpart
    2.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IGN table Base Tune...ver1.0.5.msqpart
    2.9 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: 1 user
Not necessary to remove them.
1. Add a bung for the WBO2 on the passenger side just downstream of the NBO2.
2. Connect the WBO2 controller output to the MSPNP2 Options Port pin-21
3. Open up the MSPNP2 & remove the J6 jumper.
4. Change setting in TS from NB to WB.

The docs are on the 3rd tab in this link.
https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirtpnp-g2-eec4a8-for-86-93-ford-mustang-5-0/
Why go thru adding a third bung if the ms wont be using either of the inputs. Just unplug and remove the passenger side 02, replace with the wideband and swap the jumpers.

Any muffler shop can add the bung in 30 minutes for very little cash, so not really a problem. I read somewhere & you can confirm or not that once tuned with the WB, the NB can provide better closed-loop control because it is more accurate at stoichiometric, i.e. the narrow band.

Reactions: 1 users
This is true for some applications, ms2 is one of them. If your targeting stoic at idle and cruise... most people are targeting something leaner than stoic at cruise for milage. And some (big cams) need to be richer than stoic at idle.

Ms3 once tuned has an AFR safety system that works wonderful but requires a WB signal. In my own vehicle I always run the wb

Given your response & since the OP & myself still use MS2, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep the NB O2's.
Well yes and no, the MS2 has only one local input for an oxygen sensor. It's also the passenger side O2, one could replace the driver side o2 with the WB and leave it installed then swap jumper in the ms2pnp for the NB signal for daily driving.

If you have a modified system or an expansion board then multiple O2 may be run and logged.
As an example in my Diypnp I added a tinyiox (expansion card) that talks to the ms over canbus. This allowed me to add over a dozen I/O for any sensors, digital inputs, outputs I would need.
I could put a sensor in every exhaust tube if I wanted for live individual cylinder trim. A cost venture to be sure but it's cool that I could.

At the end of the day it's all about what you need from the system and what your system is capable of doing.

Ranting aside; for an forced induction application I like to have the WB installed at least in the car even if it's not giving feedback to the ECU.

I can weld in the bung myself so it’s no big deal and virtually free. I was gonna ask if I could just use the existing bung but since there’s a possibility I may want or need the nb o2s I’ll add one for the wb. I got nothing but time up here in northeast Ohio since it’s cold and snowy till end of March

Merry Christmas
In-laws are here so time to look busy lol

I saved the tables to my laptop and tried to upload them (Guessing) and couldn't figure it out and surprisingly google was no help. can someone point me to the info on how to upload them?

You cant open them directly as they are .msqpart files. You will need to open your tune and save your current table should you ever need them...
-Open the Ign table, in the top left corner of the table hit file.
-save (export) the current table
-load the table I sent.

Hmmm ok here’s what I’m getting. I must be doing something wrong.

Attachments

• D89BA72A-6C8C-4FD9-8320-848F27ADF9F5.jpeg
    D89BA72A-6C8C-4FD9-8320-848F27ADF9F5.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DE0EF5C7-DA5D-4177-BF93-14410574CD5B.jpeg
    DE0EF5C7-DA5D-4177-BF93-14410574CD5B.jpeg
    521.1 KB · Views: 132