KZGUNS tuning

• Sponsors (?)

@a91what I started and quickly played with the wue and added some fuel where it was idling and didn't notice a significant change so i turned on wue auto tune. I data logged while it was doing that and after when it smoothed out around 184deg ran it for a bit then shut down and restarted.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 2019-02-04_18.34.28.msl
    5.3 MB · Views: 133
Did a comparison to see the changes. A couple of them I was gonna try. Timing bump at the low rpm and interpolating the WUE. Maybe just maybe a tiny bit of info is wedging into my brain. Lol.
I think doing the comparison really helps me better understand, as it should I guess ha!
I’ll try this tune tonight. May get a chance to drive if it stays dry today. I’ll DL everything

It didn't like that very much. surging still but at a higher rpm. once warm it still surged. I shut it down and restarted after a few min and it seemed more stable. I DL both times.

Attachments

• 2019-02-05_19.45.06.msl
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
  • 2019-02-05_20.07.21.msl
    856.5 KB · Views: 112
@a91what
so i was able to get the new injectors in and get it started. i was able to chill out the surge by adding fuel in that range. i played around with the ve table but it’s obviously all over the place with the new injectors. i auto tuned a little bit and then also manually adjusted. heres two DL one on first start and another after i messed with it and during some adjusting. start is rough as its hitting some rich areas. I did get the idle pretty smooth but again the ve table needs work.

Attachments

• 2019-02-09_12.17.55.msl
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 2019-02-09_12.45.08.msl
    725.2 KB · Views: 87
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Thats much better! I ran wue auto tune while it warmed up. it surged a bit but once i started to manually pull enrichment down it went away, it was pretty rich. there was still a lean spot in the bottom row so i added some fuel and it seems to help that. overall its a 100% better. Heres the DL and current tune. I'm sure wue still needs improved and smoothed. the idle was really smooth as well.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 2019-02-10_09.25.10.msl
    5.8 MB · Views: 101
well that got weird during warm up. I was messing with wue and it went lean and stalled, after a couple restarts it was fine. maybe i should stop messing with it lol. anyway i did get a drive in and heres the dl including the warm up. It seemed a bit lean at times and had a surge when i stopped that would slowly stabilize. coasting into my road it stalled but fired right back up.

Attachments

• 2019-02-10_13.05.41.msl
    12 MB · Views: 94
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 106
yup i see what you did... the WUE is multiplied into the fuel table, so 100 means no enrichment. The last full warm cell needs to be 100, you went below 100 to try and correct the fuel.... from 125 to 70... thats a 55% fuel change, no wonder the car stalled.
for example to go from 12.5 to 14 AFR that is only a 11% fuel change....

Those changes we made definitely made a huge difference. surging all but gone. I did notice by accident that if my fan for heat is on high it'll slightly surge, its like 28* here so i noticed when i cranked the fan to high but only the high setting, i cycled the headlights but that didn't cause a surge. goes lean when decel in gear and it did a little while pulling out into 55mph traffic.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 2019-02-10_15.57.17.msl
    7.7 MB · Views: 92
Got in some WOT during a drive tonight. a bit rich in spots but we expected that. I compared the histogram and the Hard analysis in MLVHD to see if the rough calculations i was making in my head made sense, they were a bit more conservative which i expected on hard. I don't want to change anything around idle as it seems really good where i have it even though its a hair rich. Do you think i should accept the analysis on hard and do some blending? It drove well overall, warm up is excellent now and idle is great. I think i'll be able to get in some driving tomorrow as well.

Attachments

• 2019-02-15_18.20.11.msl
    6.8 MB · Views: 89
  • CurrentTune.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 1 user