KZGUNS tuning

• Sponsors (?)

I will look when I get to a PC.
Now as for the hanging idle on warmup, if the pwm duty goes really high (10 points or more above target) then that is likely the culprit this can be adjusted in the initial values table. Let me double check for you and see what think.

Also need the tune you took the datalogs with.

Reactions: 1 user
I will look when I get to a PC.
Now as for the hanging idle on warmup, if the pwm duty goes really high (10 points or more above target) then that is likely the culprit this can be adjusted in the initial values table. Let me double check for you and see what think.

Also need the tune you took the datalogs with.

It’s definitely going 10 points or more over. The tune are used during data logs is in my post above

Hey go over to the NOTES tab to see the list of changes i made

Excellent! Just like that i learned something in ref. to the initial values.
If its dipping too much when throttle is lifted should i slowly add to the dashpot adder to compensate?
I was thinking the changes i was going to make in the ve table were a tad aggressive but i was really close to what you did.

Excellent! Just like that i learned something in ref. to the initial values.
If its dipping too much when throttle is lifted should i slowly add to the dashpot adder to compensate?
I was thinking the changes i was going to make in the ve table were a tad aggressive but i was really close to what you did.
If dipping to much add the PWM% to the initial values table adjust 2-3% at a time notice that the table is relative to the MAT temp vs target idle speed.

Quick update for those following along...
Latest tune fixed the hanging idle during WU. I did bump up the WUE a tad to smooth it out but its running great. Hopefully get some DL in this weekend. Can't thank Steve enough!

Go Steve...He definitely is a GURU in the MS

Wats your plans now for the car, since the tune is going so well
Mostly just drive it this summer. I’ll probably do heads as well. Looking at options now. Then during winter I’m gonna go turbo or supercharger. Leaning supercharger. I’ll also pull the engine and clean and paint the engine bay.

Quick update...
Been driving a DL when the weather permits. Been tweaking the VE and getting really close (I think ha!) will get some time in this weekend and post up tune and DL. All this tuning has caused a little surge during WUE so I'll get a couple chances this weekend to play with that, its not horrible but I'm sure WUE is getting a little lean in spots causing the surge. Car is feeling really strong and could probably leave it but you know we love to tinker lol

Car need to he richer than target during WUE.. this will keep it happy and quell the surges

Ya that’s what I figured. Gonna bump those numbers up while it’s in WUE till it smooths out. At least now I’m not scratching my head wondering what to do. We’ll have to have another session to look it all over and get you squared away $$. Couldn’t have gotten even close without your help!

in a datalog bring up these fields..
AFR
TARGET AFR
FUEL: WUE
AFR ERROR

look at the AFR and target afr in warmup, you want to be .3-.8 richer than target while in WUE. you can see the WUE % and can then adjust the WUE curve to add fuel with a datalog instead of chasing a moving target while the car is running. ;)

@a91what got WUE pretty good now, one small spot i'll look at again but overall better. here's 2 DL and tune. I feel like i'm going back and forth at this point, making small adjustments and then going back. Obviously there's not a perfect ve table so I'm assuming i'm getting to the end here?

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    117.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 2019-04-07_15.06.09.msl
    10 MB · Views: 78
  • 2019-04-07_10.18.13.msl
    13.7 MB · Views: 71