Lakewood 50/50 Drag Shocks

slow3gt

Nov 30, 2005
nashville tn
i was looking into getting a set of lakewood 50/50 dragshocks i went to autozone today and they could only get the part # for the 79-93 foxbody but i noticed the part # was the same on most fords would those shocks work on my car?

• Sponsors (?)

stangGT97 said:
70/30 or 90/10s depending on how extreme you want to go

Argghhh! Please read above. those numbers are meaningless. They are the result of companies selling bs for years.

A good drag shock depends on what percentage of the time the car is on the street versus track, and the car weight and traction/weight transfer characteristics.

If you aren't disconnecting your front sway bar at the track for starters this is a meaningless conversation.

Seriously...read the link above. The numbers are a reference, but you can two 90/10's from different manufacturers (or even worse, the same...) and they'll be completely different parts/rides.

Sure, you'll get more weight transfer with more force pulled out of the rebound side, but how much can't be detemined by the ratios they're sold by.

StangPro said:
Seriously...read the link above. The numbers are a reference, but you can two 90/10's from different manufacturers (or even worse, the same...) and they'll be completely different parts/rides.

Sure, you'll get more weight transfer with more force pulled out of the rebound side, but how much can't be detemined by the ratios they're sold by.

So are you saying Lakewood shocks benefit launches no better than stock? Most manufacturers do not seem to go into dyno details with shocks struts. I suppose calling the manufacturer would be the only way to get this info. Just pray you can reach a knowledgeable person.

No they will possibly help launch better than stock, but without knowing the forces an owner can't know that for certain.

My point is that even calling them 50/50, 70/30 etc is very deceiving and doesn't give anyone enough info to make a purchase decision. Not that they won't help or improve performance, but if you were to compare two manufacturers 50/50 shocks how do you know what the forces are? One could be loose for excellent launches while the other a semi shocks. How would you know?

I've run a lot of "performance" shocks and struts on shock dynos. Many of borderline and some like Eibachs are pure garbage.

StangPro said:
My point is that even calling them 50/50, 70/30 etc is very deceiving and doesn't give anyone enough info to make a purchase decision. Not that they won't help or improve performance, but if you were to compare two manufacturers 50/50 shocks how do you know what the forces are? One could be loose for excellent launches while the other a semi shocks. How would you know?
they do that because the average buyer needs everything in laymens terms, like the words Shocks, and Struts insted of Dampers, same thing about drop springs and lowering too low for the suspension or adding bling bling 24's that'll destroy your braking distance