lambo doors

Ernad said:
I wonder why this hasn't been locked yet since you're trying to organize a group buy without the permission of this site. :scratch:

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

And not to forget.....PLEASE sell your car to someone who actually deserves a Mustang :)

Be nice to see a MOD shutdown a fire starter before he starts a fire for once.. Just give your opinion for or against the subject.. No need to take a shot at the poster.. Trying to save money for those who may be interested isnt a crime.. Maybe there are others who may consider it.. Saying he doesnt deserve to own a mustang is ridiculous.. I'll watch this thread and see how many will jump on your thread ruining band wagon.. Why are there guys like you? It'll be sweet for a mod to check you real quick.. I'd love to see it..LOL... Com'on MODS, show me what ya got!! Flame the trouble maker!! :D

• Sponsors (?)

i'll keep my opinion to myself on them *ahem* but anyways, good luck finding 10 people on here that like them, let alone that like them, and have the money to purchase them, and will go through with it. We can't even get enough people together for a supercharger group buy, so good luck.

Alec said:
You'll regret it. Resale value on that car :notnice:

Rice....

Here is a good way to think about this.. Do you all think this is the case? Or could the excuse be made that you could revert it back to stock? Once you go Lambo you cant go back? Or does the kit use the same holes the stock door hinges go to?

Is this a post which is highly exagerating the situation? Or does this post bring up something which is a point to consider?

Also, he mentions the term rice.. Does that really apply to a door mod which is based on a Lambo? Should he say Euro? I mean, is the term Rice used by guys, that try to fit themselves in with a certain crowd? You know there are maybe 10 people at this site, that say things look rice everyday.. So is it possible this is code for bashers to come bash? Im just curious.. I am starting to see a pattern around here thats alittle distastefull..

MSP said:
Here is a good way to think about this.. Do you all think this is the case? Or could the excuse be made that you could revert it back to stock? Once you go Lambo you cant go back? Or does the kit use the same holes the stock door hinges go to?

Is this a post which is highly exagerating the situation? Or does this post bring up something which is a point to consider?

Also, he mentions the term rice.. Does that really apply to a door mod which is based on a Lambo? Should he say Euro? I mean, is the term Rice used by guys, that try to fit themselves in with a certain crowd? You know there are maybe 10 people at this site, that say things look rice everyday.. So is it possible this is code for bashers to come bash? Im just curious.. I am starting to see a pattern around here thats alittle distastefull..

I read an article about the lambo door conversion when the company first introduced them. Yes they do use the stock door holes. No welding or anything. The only addition needed was to extend the wiring harness so you can still use the power windows/doors. They will open either normally or lambo style. Thier cost is still to much for the hinges though and since I'm no mechanic I know I would never be able to do the work. I think I was told it costs close to 1000 bucks to do the install from one of the dealers. I actually think they would look really cool on a vert but I'm not completely sold on the coupe.

silverGTvert said:
I read an article about the lambo door conversion when the company first introduced them. Yes they do use the stock door holes. No welding or anything. The only addition needed was to extend the wiring harness so you can still use the power windows/doors. They will open either normally or lambo style. Thier cost is still to much for the hinges though and since I'm no mechanic I know I would never be able to do the work. I think I was told it costs close to 1000 bucks to do the install from one of the dealers. I actually think they would look really cool on a vert but I'm not completely sold on the coupe.

This is also my opinion... I mean if he wants them on the coupe it would look ok I guess.. But I think this type of mod is great for a Vert.. Also, the fact the doors can be opened both ways has not been discussed at all.. But thanks for the reply.. So for the record, the stock door hinge holes are used, and the door can swing in the stock direction, and the Lambo direction.. I got it.. Thanks man.. :nice:

MSP said:
Also, he mentions the term rice.. Does that really apply to a door mod which is based on a Lambo? Should he say Euro? I mean, is the term Rice used by guys, that try to fit themselves in with a certain crowd?

If you put a ferrari emblem on a civic (trust me, people do this ****) should we also call it euro, NO thats rice, If you put hood scoops on your civic would u call it american muscle NO rice again,

199 said:
If you put a ferrari emblem on a civic (trust me, people do this ****) should we also call it euro, NO thats rice, If you put hood scoops on your civic would u call it american muscle NO rice again,

LOL!! Ok, thanks for clearing that up! :D

I think rice can be used in more than way which is why there is confusion to what people mean when they say rice
One way is that it refers to cars from japan since that is japan's main crop
That's probably how it orginated but now most people use it when someone does something that looks tacky such as neon lights or huge non functional wings
It also depends on what car it is on since lambo doors look good on lambos and other exotics but in my opinion they don;t look good on regular cars such as mustangs or civics

Once you do the conversion it will only open upwards, not both ways like somebody said. 1K for installation is a rip-off, takes about 4 hours. 1K+ for the hinges is another rip-off, materialwise they don't cost more than a couple hundred bucks. Pricewise, this is the worst mod done on a Mustang.

eurostyle said:
Once you do the conversion it will only open upwards, not both ways like somebody said. 1K for installation is a rip-off, takes about 4 hours. 1K+ for the hinges is another rip-off, materialwise they don't cost more than a couple hundred bucks. Pricewise, this is the worst mod done on a Mustang.

Well of course, my first instinct would be to go with the Blower for sure.. No questions or hesatations about it.. But this is why I said he is prolly happy with the power of the car, and most likley does not have a need for more HP.. So if he is inclined towards looks and maybe chroming things out, because he may want to enter carshows then I say more power to him..

I think its a good mod for a Vert 2005 MustangGT, but everyone has different reasons why things are more a priority than others..

Klay

Thats what I was starting to think.. The term has been elevated towards a general term used to show a certain tacky look.. Like your doing too much.. Not necessarily it looks like a ricer.. I got it man.. Thanks..

resale most definitely be affected. I've never seen a car with lambo doors that, after a year or two, didn't have problems. ie: scratches from the doors, dings, dents, etc... they put alot of pressure on places that weren't designed holding the weight of the door. The weight of the door is 2 or 3 times as much by adding this "lambo" door conversion, because they are up in the air. do what you want, obviously, but in the end, most "lambo" door owners end up regretting it for one reason or another.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time anyone would ever know you had this mod is when you are getting in and out of the car. So unless you are planning to sit in a parking lot with the doors open a lot (and for $2k +, it better be a whole lot), I don't see the value.

i deserve my mustang i am 20 years old and own my own business n bought my own car cash i dont think u can do that so back off (retired general) i got almost all the bolt ons the super charger is ordered n im geeting stripes paint and the cervini body kit im getting everything for this car its my personal interest not u haters every one has there own taste , for those out there thanx for the support

cervini gt 4.6 said:
i deserve my mustang i am 20 years old and own my own business n bought my own car cash i dont think u can do that so back off (retired general) i got almost all the bolt ons the super charger is ordered n im geeting stripes paint and the cervini body kit im getting everything for this car its my personal interest not u haters every one has there own taste , for those out there thanx for the support

Dont worry about it man.. This happens to alot of people around here that want or have something others dont agree with.. Actually, the "S197 Talk" section of this website sucks.. Its a pure bash contest.. Last week it was PowerSurge, this week its you.. Its ridiculous.. It seems you cant even share your ideas with people in this section.. My suggestion is try and keep your post in the GT section of the site.. This way, your bound to meet people with the same interest.. You have done good for yourself at only 20 years old.. I think the Lambo doors will look pretty damn kool on your car.. :nice: