larger pulley for better tune

gpp

Jul 3, 2005
on my salleen sc i have 465 hp at about 10 lbs of boost.i have a second tune that makes 440 but has a small bog at low end at wot but otherwise runs great.now,i have been told if the tuner removed timing to reduce the hp this may cause the slight bog.i dont want to run but about 440 hp so would i be better off to put a larger pulley on to reduce the boost,increase the timing and hope fully get rid of the bog.i hope this sounds right.the car is a automatic with 3.73 gears.

• Sponsors (?)

im trying to keep the horsepower level around 440 so as not to put anymore strain on the motor.iknow,whos to say whats a safe horsepower level,but 440 is enough for me.

Lower boost with a good tune should be easier on the motor than higher boost with a toned down tune that makes the same power. Going to the 7-8 PSI pulley with a good dynotune may be what you're looking for.
Dan

my nephew had it tuned at fastlane and they did a GREAT job.we are going to retune it next week or so but i just wondered about changing the pully so i would have it when it was retuned.