Largest Rear Tire For Fox Body

CISCO

Nov 18, 2003
Anyone have any experience trying to put 275-60R/15 tires on the rear of a Fox body with an 8.8 rear?
I bought a set of tires and mounted them to Welds with 4.5 back spacing and didn't have any rubbing issues but they stick out beyond the fenderwell a little.
Going with 5.5 back spacing would be good but it looks like I would have a BIG rub point.
Help!

• Sponsors (?)

I have 275/50/15 Drag Radials on a 10" wheel on my LX currently, and have run 295/50/15 Yoko's on a 10" wheel in the past. Some massaging with a BFM is usually required to fit a decent sized wheel/tire combo. Definitely go with the 5.5" BS on an 8" wheel.

I have a 275/60 MT's on a 9'' rim I believe I used 5.5 backspacing(sorry they have been on for 4 years now). I did have to roll the lip.
IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, when your cruz'n around here check the date/time stamp in the lower left corner, that way your not talking to ghosts, some here will give you a rash about it, all in fun.
On another note, that is an interesting graphic in your avitar, is that on your hood? Post a thread in gen talk with some pics and a description of the stang, if you want to save face post pics of random beer with strange names.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 275/60 MT's on a 9'' rim I believe I used 5.5 backspacing(sorry they have been on for 4 years now). I did have to roll the lip.
IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg
I’m drooling at how straight your body lines are.

As far as the op’s question. I had 285’s on my last wheels on 10.5’s and it was super right, the inner fenders will need worked. 275’s fit great.

Now....:thinking:

Just to figure out how to get 315s on the rear of an IRS swapped coupe. Would that be an 8.05 backspace 10 inch wheel....the fox axle gets 6.4 inches...the sn95 axle gets 7.3 backspace 10in wheel....IRS is 3/4 wider per side so.....that's .75 ...so....8.05...

This thread is old as dirt....but I'll leave that here.

Now....:thinking:

Just to figure out how to get 315s on the rear of an IRS swapped coupe. Would that be an 8.05 backspace 10 inch wheel....the fox axle gets 6.4 inches...the sn95 axle gets 7.3 backspace 10in wheel....IRS is 3/4 wider per side so.....that's .75 ...so....8.05...

This thread is old as dirt....but I'll leave that here.

I don't think that's gonna happen without a wide-body kit of some kind and.... :puke: Most of those are pretty bad.

Reactions: 1 user