LaserSVT 2003 Cobra Progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I placed an offer. Gotta see if he accepts it. If I can get the set for under $300 then I will :banana:

EDIT: By set I mean the A/F sensor and one DM-100 gauge. If I like it I will prolly get the OBDII DM-100 for my boost gauge as well as the full data reader. Be easier to data log with both of them and send to my tuner then use the A/F data log and a seperate Sniper log :nice:

I have the gauge ring that places two gauges on the bottom corners of the stock cluster.
I just ordered the gauge today for under $300 shipped :banana:
Down the road I will get the matching boost gauge :nice:

UPDATE TIME! :banana:

Finnaly got her back and with a new strut tower brace as they thought my KB one was twisted. Turns out there was a lump in the shock tower so I may sell the KB since they had to drill holes for the Steeda version. The steeda version dosent have the nice finnish the KB had but it mounts to a better location and is more ridged :nice:

Now I can see my ugly CC plates so I must address them :(
Before:
IMGP0664.jpg

After:
IMGP0714.jpg

IMGP0712.jpg

IMGP0713.jpg

Well it pulls to the left now and my shop said the alignment shop doesn't wanna mess with it anymore. I can see they have a CC plate on crooked but since I want better ones I will replace them with the MM versions and install them myself. Then I can take it in for an alignment and the body shop will pay for it :nice:

There is some over spray on the drivers side but its very minor and will come off easily with my clay bar. Just another excuse to detail it :rlaugh:

Other then that the car looks better then ever! No more rock chips and the scratches it had are now gone so I am happy! :banana:

^ Yeah and at least they will pay my shop to do the alignment :nice:

I am gonna stop someplace nice and get some good pictures on the way home. Be nice to get some good pics with all the exterior mods done. :banana:

Although I am thinking about 1/2" rear spacers but dont want to make the nuts grab a small section of lug :(

Laser....I just bought a Billet Flow diff brace. I'm gonna install it next Saturday. Any tips? I had the car on the hoist today at work, and every is tight, but once they exhaust is down, is there anything else I should remove to make things easier???

I also ordered poly diff bushings, which I'm gonna do the same day.

BTW....My diff had some SLIGHT SLIGHT dampness of fluid on the bottom, it wasn't even forming a drip though. I'm just hoping it was from sitting over the winter. MY 96 always does that. If I had to reseal it, it looks like a bitch to get off.

Yeah, resealing it is a bitch. Thats why mine just has some red RTV on the bottom.

After you drop the exhaust you have to remove the two bolts that connect the covers end to the rear brace. Then remove the two big ass bolts that hold the diff brace bar to the chasis. Then remove the diff bolts that are on bottom, the same ones you are replacing the bushings on. Good idea on doing it now as I am gonna have to go back under there and do it again to replace mine :(

You will have to tilt the pumpking around at various angles depending on what cover bolt you are on. It took me a couple hours but if I had a lift I could do it in an hour :nice: