LaserSVT 2003 Cobra Progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

WHOA! I didn't think Laser would need a flame suit for these wheels! :bs:

Laser---Don't pay attention to these people who are hating on your wheels. Those wheels are badass. I love how the spokes are so curved, it makes them look very aggressive. I love them. :nice:

That tank is huge. Hood still close like stock? Did you figure out how it holds ice? If so, how much does it hold and how do you put the ice in there?

Get pics of the intercooler and the car itself when done! WHORE IT OUT!:nice::nice:

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments, good or bad. Cant please everyone all the time. SRT is entitled to his opinion. Nobody listens to him anyway :shrug:
I got the wheels cause I like them. Dosent matter if anyone else does :nice:

SVT; it holds ice but I will just use the ice for the track and run the gold coolant on the street. :banana: And the hood still closes on it :rlaugh:

04sleeper; I kept looking at getting the 265/35 but the 265/35/19 filled the whell well so well I wanted the same diamater and the 265/35/18 woulda been way smaller. The 274/40 is only 1mm larger and 9mm wider :nice: The 295/35 going in the rear is only a hair shorter just like it was with the HREs :nice:
Car should be a bit smoother with the larger sidewalls too :shrug:

Ill just have to wait and see after its all together.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments, good or bad. Cant please everyone all the time. SRT is entitled to his opinion. Nobody listens to him anyway :shrug:
I got the wheels cause I like them. Dosent matter if anyone else does :nice:

SVT; it holds ice but I will just use the ice for the track and run the gold coolant on the street. :banana: And the hood still closes on it :rlaugh:

Exactly. Eveyone is entitled to their own opinion. Do you remeber how many people didn't like Hack Job at first, then I ended up winning FOTM when it was finished??

So the whole container holds ice? You just empty the coolant and dump ice in there? Then put coolant back in before you leave the track?

Exactly. Eveyone is entitled to their own opinion. Do you remeber how many people didn't like Hack Job at first, then I ended up winning FOTM when it was finished??

So the whole container holds ice? You just empty the coolant and dump ice in there? Then put coolant back in before you leave the track?
That about sums it up :nice:

04sleeper; I kept looking at getting the 265/35 but the 265/35/19 filled the whell well so well I wanted the same diamater and the 265/35/18 woulda been way smaller. The 274/40 is only 1mm larger and 9mm wider :nice: The 295/35 going in the rear is only a hair shorter just like it was with the HREs :nice:
Car should be a bit smoother with the larger sidewalls too :shrug:

Ill just have to wait and see after its all together.
The only reason I ask is because the fronts will be taller than the rears.

I have the 295-35's on my car and 265-35's on the front and I think the set up looks perfect. :shrug:

Oh well, as long as you like it I guess thats all that matters. :nice:

Can't wait to see it all together.

Front
265/35/19= Radius 13.2 Diameter 26.3 Revs/mile 767
275/40/18= Radius 13.3 Diameter 26.7 Revs/mile 756
275/35/18= Radius 12.8 Diameter 25.6 revs/mile 788

Rear:
295/30/19= Radius 13 Diameter 26 Revs/mile 777
295/35/18= Radius 13.1 Diameter 26.1 Revs/mile 772

When I was reserching tires I wanted the size to be as close to what I had as possiable. A little extra width was okay too :nice:

I think the car is coming together nicely :nice: Forgive me for being so behind the times, but what happened to the car? Did you get into a wreck or something?
My father took the car out a week before Thanksgiving and hoped a curb to cause $9600 in dammage :( The wheels got hurt bad but are fixable I guess :shrug:
Dude is supposed to be here today or tomorrow to buy then as soon as I can get them off the car.