Late model Bell housing

XXBULLETSXX

Mar 30, 2005
Kannapolis, NC
Will a late model T5 bell housing fit an early model engine (66, 289)? I'm doing a C4 to T5 swap and I'm keeping my original 66 289. I've seen the kits which make an adapter but I wasn't sure if I had to do something like that for my situation.

Also, anyone know if I can use a hydrolic clutch kit and a brake booster or do I need to stick with the cable clutch if I'm going to add a brake booster?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I made some calls and I thought I would share with everyone what I found out. I talked with Mustangs Plus and they informed me you can run their hydrolic clutch kit with a brake booster. They also said that a late model bell housing would bolt right to my ealy model engine and won't need an adapter to bolt the T5 to it.
So there you have it. I hope that helps someone else out there. If anyone finds any of this to be inaccurate let us know...I'm about to find out the hard way by ordering parts and putting it together. Wish me luck!

XXBULLETSXX said:
I made some calls and I thought I would share with everyone what I found out. I talked with Mustangs Plus and they informed me you can run their hydrolic clutch kit with a brake booster. They also said that a late model bell housing would bolt right to my ealy model engine and won't need an adapter to bolt the T5 to it.
So there you have it. I hope that helps someone else out there. If anyone finds any of this to be inaccurate let us know...I'm about to find out the hard way by ordering parts and putting it together. Wish me luck!

As long as you are running a later 1965 block with 6 bolt and not the early 1965 with 5 bolt bell housing.