late throttle response

• Sponsors (?)

hmm

Could be some slack in your throttle body cable.

Could be your TPS.

If you are getting some hesitation, you may be running lean on tip in throttle.

If you are running speed density and you have done intake and or exhaust mods you will probably need to increase fuel pressure a tad.

I had some bad off idle hesitation and between gear shifts on my 87 and after I got an AFPR and played with it a bit and upped the fuel pressure a tad the hesitation is now gone.

hmm

Usually by adding spacer to the bottom of the gas pedal, it's kind of a longshot though and probably not your problem.

Get a volt meter and make sure your TPS is set correctly. There are plenty of howtos on this site for that just do a search.

Has your car always done this or did it just start happening?

started happening. i noticed cuz i wouldnt get off a dead stop like i normally would. i would press the pedal a little, and nothing, i would press it a but more and
it would rev up and and it would make me look like an idiot :notnice:

Usually by adding spacer to the bottom of the gas pedal, it's kind of a longshot though and probably not your problem.

Get a volt meter and make sure your TPS is set correctly. There are plenty of howtos on this site for that just do a search.

Has your car always done this or did it just start happening?
Don't let stangplus2birds see you talking about setting the tps. FWIW, if you look at the guf strategy, upon key on, it reads where the tps is and calibrates based on that. As long as it is in between i want to say .5v and .99v, it won't make any difference.