LCA install problems

NO_RICE

Founding Member
May 5, 2001
Tucson, AZ
I am installing LCAs in my 94 GT. I took the sway bar off and got the rear bolt half way out of the control arm when the axle shifted toward the back of the car and now I can't get the bolt out. There doesn't seem to be anything to pry on, and I can't get a punch into the hole to pry it into alignment to remove the bolt. I remember the control arms on my fox required some prying to get into the car, but I don't remember the factory arms being this hard to get out. Does anyone have any advice? I already tried removing the shock, the spring and the quad shock but it still doesn't seem to want to come out.

• Sponsors (?)

I removed the sway bar and replaced each LCA seperately to avoid this scenerio, although I have heard of many that have done it that way. I'm affraid your gonna have to use "main strength & akwardness" and a jack or two to relocate it.

Good Luck. GT

I was working on one arm at a time, and I had the sway bar disconnected, I had a buddy come over and we muscled the back bolt out, but when I put the new arm in the holes were a good 1.5" off center. This might sound really redneck, but we used a ratchet strap around the axle and the transmission crossmember in conjunction with a floor jack to draw the holes back into alignment, it worked like a charm, took less than five minutes to get the new arm in. :D