Leak where power steering hose meets the pump

Jeremy Martin

Oct 26, 2017
So I noticed right where the power steering pump meets the hose on the bottom there’s a leak. Tightening it doesn’t help. It swivels around a bit so I’m wondering if it’s an o ring I can replace at that fitting?

• Sponsors (?)

I was going to take it back off there and look but I already cleaned up all the fluid mess already. I was hoping someone here might know so I can just get the part and take it back off one last time. This thing has leaked ever since I got the car so im not sure if its something that is there or its missing. Im thinking it has to have some kind of washer or o ring...something. Would be a waste to yank the whole line out just for that one cheap piece.

I know we are in the ‘96-04’ section of the forum,but can you give a few more details about your car? What year is it? What engine? I may be able to be a little more helpful with that info

Well just in case anyone ever comes across this thread I will provide the answer. You see I ended up saying to heck with it and just bought a new power steering pressure line from the hydroboost to the pump. Was only $35 so I just decided to go that route.

The answer for my question is though the part on the bottom that connects to the pump should have a nylon washer that snugs up against the pump when you fully screw it into the pump. The part that connects to the hydroboost has a rubber o-ring you need to attach to the pump before connecting it to the hydroboost.

My suggestion is just buy the hose and replace it. It took me all of an hour to do.

Reactions: 1 user