Leaking coolant from water pump/ lower radiator hose connection

dz187

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
I took the hose off and the waterpump flange looked pretty corroded, so I sanded that off as well as I could and put some non-hardening permatex around it. Drove it today and it still leaks after it warms up :notnice: Is there anything else I can try besides replacing the pump? I'm gonna tighten down the hose clamp a bit more, but its already so tight... anymore might just start cutting into the hose

• Sponsors (?)

hard to tell from your description, but are you sure thats the only place it's leaking? i will say that the fox waterpump is pretty much considered a consumable from what i've read on here. i know i just had to replace mine.... did it because i know they go bad all the time, and i couldn't find the exact source, so i just got a new one and it worked.

hard to tell from your description, but are you sure thats the only place it's leaking? i will say that the fox waterpump is pretty much considered a consumable from what i've read on here. i know i just had to replace mine.... did it because i know they go bad all the time, and i couldn't find the exact source, so i just got a new one and it worked.

Yeah thats the only place it leaks, nothing is leaking from any gasket or weep holes. I was hoping someone here would know of a shadetree ghettofab way of stopping the leak :p How long would it take to replace the pump? I didnt really look at what its bolted to