Leaking Trans fluid from speedometer cable

• Sponsors (?)

its normal if the cable is old. say it drips here and there but if its spewing out of there i would replace the cable and speed sensor together just incase the sensor housing is cracked. imo thats what i'd do.

mike

The metal part of the speedometer cable should be shug up against an O-ring in the black part, and more than like that's the reason you're having a leak at that location.

View attachment 386790

Thanks for the pic. Where the metal part of the speedo cable ends and turns to black (not pictured), that is where I am leaking from. No fluid is getting past the inner O-ring on the VSS.

By looking at the VSS and speedo cable, trans fluid DOES PASS THROUGH INTO THE SPEEDOMETER CABLE. Can anyone else verify this?

Thanks for the pic. Where the metal part of the speedo cable ends and turns to black (not pictured), that is where I am leaking from. No fluid is getting past the inner O-ring on the VSS.

By looking at the VSS and speedo cable, trans fluid DOES PASS THROUGH INTO THE SPEEDOMETER CABLE. Can anyone else verify this?

yes