leaky gas tank

Bonestock2k

Jun 18, 2004
My daughters 95 mustang has started to leak where the fill pipe attaches to the gas tank - it appears there is a gasket there and that is the culprit. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so what is the fix?

• Sponsors (?)

Idk dude, but in my girlfriends G35- they are recalling them because of some gas tank leak. Apparently- they leak when you fill them up- the gas leaks onto the rear axle- and some have caught on fire- so be careful in the meantime.

I just fixed this issue on my car. Yes, that gasket($25) is the culprit. Be sure to lower the tank when its empty. And be careful not to stretch out the gasket when you're mating the tank back to the filler neck. If those two straps that hold the tank up get a little tweaked, it will seem like the tank isn't fitting right. Just grab another person and help straighten out the straps and they'll bolt right up.

Mine has this problem right now, and I've had the gasket that I bought from my Ford dealership forever now... Just haven't had time to run the gas tank down and do it...

Part number #F4ZZ-9072-DA by the way.

I like smelling gas every time I'm getting out of my car, although I would rather keep it all inside the tank. ;)