Leaky sunroof.........

1990lx5oh

Aug 10, 2007
Weaverville, NC
Well, its only my luck i figure this out during a HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!:mad: But I was looking for some new weatherstripping and found out that there are two pieces on the sunroof, one on the glass, and one on the body. In MOST cases, which one leaks? Trying to get out the cheapest way, wife is already mad at how much i've spent on it already...hehe... Thanks in advance!:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Body seal leaks. The seal around the glass is to try to keep debris from getting in the "moat" and clogging up the 4 drain ports.

BTW...blow the drain ports out with compressed air. WHen the clog is usually when the roof leaks.

Also, the body seal tends to leak where they come together near the handle. Make sure the gap is not too large or water will pass through

Leaky Sunroof

Make sure it is infact the sunroof. I thought my sunroof was leaking but it was coming from the windshield, hitting the headliner and leaking around the sunroof opening. I had to reseal the windshield around the clips that hold the top trimpiece on.
I can vouch that 88-92 have the drain ports. Four total, one in each corner. I used a stiff wire to open the drains up. With them opened up I could not fill the gutter up with a garden hose. THe four drains are close to to a 1/4" each.