lebanon valley wednesday nite

sounds good, didn't it rain at the track? Damn, I bailed, it was raining hard in my corner of the county and it looked like the same storm went out to Mass around 7:30? I got my 500mi in, easy maidens runs on the new crunchy clutch next wed, if the weather is OK, all pointing to letting completely loose Ford day.

Sorry Kyle, wish i had got that run filmed for you, I'll get your 12 on film. Heck I might be experimenting with the in-car camera shot, next wed. I have a camera mount for head rest posts, if you still have stock seats, how about an in car movie of a 12 sec run?

I need to go to that web site, do you have to pre-register?

- stu

• Sponsors (?)

04_snake said:
didn't it rain at the track? Damn, I bailed, it was raining hard in my corner of the county and it looked like the same storm went out to Mass around 7:30?

we had 2 short delays for drizzle around 8-830 ish. i actually ran my best time during a slight drizzle.

04_snake said:
Sorry Kyle, wish i had got that run filmed for you, I'll get your 12 on film. Heck I might be experimenting with the in-car camera shot, next wed. I have a camera mount for head rest posts, if you still have stock seats, how about an in car movie of a 12 sec run?

that sounds awesome. yea i got stock seats.
also dont worry about not filming...i had 2 freinds filming. they all let out some "Holy S**ts" after words :lol:

roached1 said:
Nice times. 1 second improvement!!! What did you change? I heard everyone was running a little slower lastnight cause of the weather.

didnt change anything. last time was motor runs with no tailpipes and no back pressure. the one spay run it was 37* out and i didnt hook at all. i didnt run any motor runs last nite because this time i sprayed and actually hooked:worship:

weather permitting i WILL be there next wednesday again :banana:

this MHRA group has been doing this meet for a few years now and everything I have heard about the past ones has been good. heads up classes, brackets, swap meet and stuff, sounds pretty cool, I'm starting the no-rain dance already. Can't wait. If Sat or Wed looks the least little rain free, I need some launches on the new setup so I'm there at the Valley.

- stu

roached1 said:
I saw your car up there last week. nice ride. Saw a few MASSDRIVEN stickers. wasn't sure who every one was. Nice run. I picked up a set of 235/60/15 M&H tires to run, but won't make it back up for 2 weeks. hope to improve my 60's and get into the 13's
Yeah, there was a whole crew of us that went up there that day. You should have said something, it's always good meeting new people.

04 snake said:
nice run, almost pulled your taarreezz off the ground!
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Not with those heavy front rims, and the major bog I had after launch. I'm looking for a used set of welds for the front now, to try and save some weight.

What a nice nite!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Kyle there were some guys looking for you and your little bottle and Jay, the young kid with the over-achieving STI ran a 12.98 in that little ricer, very impressive.
3 other dudes, Joey, Dom and the guy with the competition orange 04 made for a mini terminator meet, very cool indeed! :nice:
I also made the rounds and saw a 1/2 dozen other stang dudes, from the area that were trying out their skills. I finally ran some decent trap speeds, 121.5 and 121.6, but couldn't book-end them to any good 60ft's, so 11.59 is still my mark to beat, but I can't complain for a bolt-on bucket. Only bummer was when I got home and realized I left my Mcgard locking lugnut key on the wheel, after I torqued it down. $22 to ship another, two day delivery, so I can race next Weds or I will be running on the streets, I hate middle age moments! Oh well, at least I didn't break or F up something more expensive, but for the last two trips to the track I meant to ditch those locking lugnuts, I have extra lugs because I change my setup in the front, so just more laziness that ended up costing me, AGAIN! :bang:

So who other than Kyle, is going out next Weds, the 29th?

- stu

04_snake said:
What a nice nite!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Kyle there were some guys looking for you and your little bottle and Jay, the young kid with the over-achieving STI ran a 12.98 in that little ricer, very impressive.

So who other than Kyle, is going out next Weds, the 29th?

- stu
Is the STI guys name Jason by chance? Looked familer. I may have gone to school with him if its who I think.

I won't make it up next week, but My father is coming up from Texas the following week and wants to make the trip out to see my slow car run.
Had a good night myself. new best time of 13.9 at 98mph. not bad for "stock" heads and intake with 2.73 gears. 2.01 60ft time. Hopefully will improve next time.

roached1 said:
Is the STI guys name Jason by chance? Looked familer. I may have gone to school with him if its who I think.

I won't make it up next week, but My father is coming up from Texas the following week and wants to make the trip out to see my slow car run.
Had a good night myself. new best time of 13.9 at 98mph. not bad for "stock" heads and intake with 2.73 gears. 2.01 60ft time. Hopefully will improve next time.

not sure, I know he answers to Jay? nice run, 13's is good! :cheers:
Gary bolted on a KB, has slicks, chip, trick shifter and he can't go faster than 13.2, very respectable, well now what are you going to bolt on next? lol!
it is a sickness..

roached1 said:
Make sure you record the run!

not a problem, but I need to find a new place to post them, I wore out my welcome at the last site, too many movies I guess, anyway I have been searching around but that is why you can't download my in-car flick anymore, looking for a new home for it. Weather looks real iffy and I have a lot planned for the weekend, most of it involves watching the NHRA Pro's at the Valley this weekend, so I don't need to get rained on again and all the extra cleanup required afterward, so I'm 50-50, just like the weather. Anyone else going to risk it, you might get a lot of runs if you are lucky and they don't lose the track. I got my friggen $22 replacement McGard lug nut key in the mail Monday and them suckers will never see the light of day again until I have to park it somewhere like NYC, yeah like NEVER!

- stu

Got rained on again, Jeeezuzzz. 3 runs, hot and muggy and then a 45 min tease wait w/ sprinkles. front of the lane as usual, get sent home with a $5 wrist band and the heavens open up before I can get my tires swapped, what fun!