lebanon valley wednesday nite

04_snake said:
show up this Wed, weather looks cooler, I'm going up. Just be careful, you might like it so much, you'll get addicted. he.he.he... easier than you think.

Anyone else planning on going up tomorrow night?

ok i'll show up on weds...where will you be again? oh trust me i already am addicted....first time i went to the track with this junk when it was bone stock except for weld in mufflers and ran a best of 14.3 at e-town. since then i have done quite a bit. if i was a good driver i would probably hang with you but i doubt it.

by the way you have a jack i could use there? i plan on bolting on my slicks there. also i might bring a freind with a quick lil notch.

hey kyle wanna go and spectate ? :)

• Sponsors (?)

speed insanity said:
ok i'll show up on weds...where will you be again? oh trust me i already am addicted....first time i went to the track with this junk when it was bone stock except for weld in mufflers and ran a best of 14.3 at e-town. since then i have done quite a bit. if i was a good driver i would probably hang with you but i doubt it.

by the way you have a jack i could use there? i plan on bolting on my slicks there. also i might bring a freind with a quick lil notch.

hey kyle wanna go and spectate ? :)

I have a jack to switch my tires, no problem using it. We always setup in the same area, the first row of pits on the pavement that the return road dumps onto. right across from the new trailer bathrooms and the big tree a lot guys fight for in the heat. can't miss the red 04snake, under a blue 10X10 canopy. looking like nice weather, see you there.

94gts said:
ok looks like i need to make a call and free up work for tomorrow night :D

alright i got around work tomorrow night.

Ill be up in my freinds Dakota R/T because my car is too fast for the dragstrip:D.

actually my brakes are shot and im waiting on them to come in the mail so no long distance driving for me until they go on:owned:

04_snake said:
I have a jack to switch my tires, no problem using it. We always setup in the same area, the first row of pits on the pavement that the return road dumps onto. right across from the new trailer bathrooms and the big tree a lot guys fight for in the heat. can't miss the red 04snake, under a blue 10X10 canopy. looking like nice weather, see you there.

hehe im excited....thanks for letting me use the jack bro....appreciate it....you gonna be taking any movies with your camera or should i bring my own...?

this will be my second time on the track and first time since all the 8k worth of mods hehe cant wait...

speed insanity said:
hehe im excited....thanks for letting me use the jack bro....appreciate it....you gonna be taking any movies with your camera or should i bring my own...?

this will be my second time on the track and first time since all the 8k worth of mods hehe cant wait...

bring your camera, I will have my camera, crew chief and mount if you want to take movies, but you might want a few passes with your new setup before recording. see how it goes. I need to practice R/T's and see how much faster the cool air makes the car for the fall races, so I won't need it if you want to take a few in-cars with your camera taking footage from the stands. I looked at your upgrades, very impressive, but you may need a few trips to the strip to get it all dialed in, figure out how to launch it different and all so be realistic and don't get discouraged it it all doesn't happen tonight, right? What color is your Stang, so I can keep an eye out?

haha you were sooo right about me practicing....i mean who forgets to turn thier line lock off LOL thanks for all the help though....i mean i really appreciate it...hope to see ya there more. you have a baddass cobra...thanks again
-anish

You dun good, it all starts getting easier dealing with all the stuff coming at you in the period from where you get waved up and when you turn off to the return road. Your car will be into the 12's deep, with just a couple more visits to the valley, no prod. :nice:

get this, I checked my datalogs and that third pass of mine, when I powershifted into 2nd, from third at 100+ mph, and they showed that I realized what I did and stabbed the clutch back in all in about 1/3 of a sec (I never take my foot off the clutch), that's why the rear didn't hop and blow something to pieces, but the engine did spin to an amazing 8300RPM! It then floated down to 7600, 7300, with the clutch in and fuel pulled, before dropping under my 7150 rev limiter. No noises/leaks, since, the last pass after that was 11.59 with me babying it off the line and pretty hot, so it seems OK so far, who knows maybe it is toast and I just don't know it yet, blows my mind how tuff that cobra slug is! I'm such a Putz! :bang:
thank you Ford, thank you Ford, thank you Ford! You may have saved my ass again!:hail2:

here is my first run, at least the night started off good!: 11.43 TnTune 1st pass Lesson to be learned from this pass is you want to start with your steering wheel straight, not pointing left like I had it!

Hopefully next Weds I'll have my linelock in and I can start roasting my ET Street's a little better and see if I can get low 1.6 60's every pass, well at least I have a goal.

I'll be going wed the 14th, cant make it this week, my car will be at the body shop. But 04 snake, I just downloaded that vid your car is sweet. :nice: You wouldn't happen to have been in dunkin donuts earlier I drove through with my 95 to see if anyone I knew was there and there wasn't so I left. I'm guessing it was you since your plate was 04 snake. Anyway thats pretty weird I came back, just browsing stangnet and noticed it.

Adam

a_k said:
I'll be going wed the 14th, cant make it this week, my car will be at the body shop. But 04 snake, I just downloaded that vid your car is sweet. :nice: You wouldn't happen to have been in dunkin donuts earlier I drove through with my 95 to see if anyone I knew was there and there wasn't so I left. I'm guessing it was you since your plate was 04 snake. Anyway thats pretty weird I came back, just browsing stangnet and noticed it.

Adam

can't miss my plate, I decided to go north instead of the scene in colonie. Just putting a couple of heat cyles in the new rear gear, should of stopped to shoot the sh1t.

LVD Wed 9 - 7

Anyone going up tomorrow night, I need to try out my new line lock and learn to do a burn out all over again and see if the 4.10's make me any faster. Looking like the last hurrah of the summer maybe.

04_snake said:
Anyone going up tomorrow night, I need to try out my new line lock and learn to do a burn out all over again and see if the 4.10's make me any faster. Looking like the last hurrah of the summer maybe.

dam i mite be starting my full time job tomorrow and probably wont be able to make it up tomorrow:notnice: . Anyway good luck with the new gear and post a video up :D .

04_snake said:
can't miss my plate, I decided to go north instead of the scene in colonie. Just putting a couple of heat cyles in the new rear gear, should of stopped to shoot the sh1t.

Where do you guys hang, and what nights? I'm in clifton park. Don't get out much at night(getting too old) but would love to meet up for a night hangout or cruise before winter is here.

roached1 said:
Where do you guys hang, and what nights? I'm in clifton park. Don't get out much at night(getting too old) but would love to meet up for a night hangout or cruise before winter is here.

that's hard to say for me, any nice night i could get the itch. In Saratoga some guys hang at the shrunkin dounuts/McKeyD's on 50. In colonie all the hardcore types hang at the McKeyD's at Kohls plaza, with lots of cops watching Central. It is a bit more low key in Saratoga, and about the same distance for me with better back roads, so I visit both. just pm me if you know ahead of time. Clftn Pk, is there a place other than the parking lot at exit 8?

couple of 11.42's

I went up last week to try out my newly installed Hurst Line Lock and 4.10 gears and here are two 11.42 runs from that night. The burnout now is what it should be, but I still need start timing the exact length of time of the burn for better consistency. The 4.10's are now running me thru the traps at 6200-6300 RPM, just perfect. The driver (me) was the only reason I didn't better my best time of 11.41, but I was taking it a little easy while listening for problems in the newly built rear and still trying to figure out if I wrecked my lump when I spun it out to 8300, so far so good. :hail2:

2nd run of the night, 11.428 at 121

4th (last) run of the night, 11.426 at 119

One more interesting movie that was taken that night and that is of a drag ATV!

Don't be shy! LMK what you think because feedback is much appreciated! Stop by at the track, I'm pretty easy to find in the paved area of the pits. I'm not sure if I'm going up tomorrow, but if the weather is nice I might just have to.

Nice job Stu and glad im to see the new set up in action. I dont think ill be up there again this year unless i do my rearend (gears, axels, differential) by mid october. Im working full time 65 hours a week 7 days a week and 2 jobs. The only good thing is ill have a very fast turbo mustang next spring :D .

94gts said:
Nice job Stu and glad im to see the new set up in action. I dont think ill be up there again this year unless i do my rearend (gears, axels, differential) by mid october. Im working full time 65 hours a week 7 days a week and 2 jobs. The only good thing is ill have a very fast turbo mustang next spring :D .

working is good, I'm sure you will be up again soon with your buddies. Yeah turbos are fast, big top end potential, better plan on a cage.