Left side of my speakers are not as loud as the right side any ideas

dirtyboy069

Feb 20, 2010
Chouteau
this has happen to me before in my 95 5.0 one day I am jamming to my favorite song and bloop my left side speakers are not as loud as the right side what causes this what do i need to do to fix the problem should i just jerk out the whole 460 sound system and update it???? i do have a aftermarket cd player and all my door speakers and rear speakers have been replaced with kicker speeks the audio place said the factory amps should be fine to run the speakers..what do you think....

• Sponsors (?)

You need to find out what's going on before you start replacing amps or you may just end up with new amps that are still not as loud on the left side or you may accidentally fix a simple problem while replacing a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't necessary to replace.

Is this happening with all sources? Radio, CD, mp3/iPod/aux (if applicable)

It's possible that one of the pre-amp cables has come loose at the back of the headunit - that'd be the first thing I'd check, after looking through the built-in EQ, balance and DSP in the head unit's menus and making sure nothing goofy is set in there, like the "listening position" as Kilgore suggests.

On the left side of the car, is there sound coming from the woofer in the door and the tweeter pod and the rear deck? Is one of those out completely or are they all playing at reduced volume compared to the right side?

You may have a blown speaker, a bad connection, bad wiring or a bad amp - you'll need to do some troubleshooting to narrow it down.

so i need to just get rid of the 460 amps and go with something name brand but that will require me to rewire the whole system any ideas on that

you will need to rewire the car but that is honestly not near as hard as it sounds, get you a set of components for the front and coaxials for the rear, all you really need to do is take out the 460 amps, you can leave the mach wiring in there and just not use it. run the components and coaxials to a four channel amp, then get you a single 10" or 12" subwoofer, if i could recommend a good sub for less that 120 bucks it would be the alpine type r, for components and coaxials, cdt audio,focal,image dynamics,diamond audio,dynaudio, boston acoustics, all make good stuff. if you do replace it you won't be dissapointed i assure you. wiring components is very simple, you wire the speaker to the crossover and the crossover to the amp. for coaxial just go speaker to amp. for the sub,sub to amp. that's it.