lesson learned: don't buy used stuff

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
I took my SC to the local speed shop here in town and the "kit" I bought used is missing more than half the pieces. ALt bracket was gone, no belt, not a nut or bolt that was supposed to be with a SC, a bunch of crappy looking pieces that look like they came from Home cheapo. my instillation just went from a simple job to probably double what I was quoted.

• Sponsors (?)

Who did you buy this from? Did they sell it as a complete kit? Some people when they upgrade head units, they will sell the old one and some of the basic componnets they are upgrading.

I knew a guy, one of those who always braggs about the deals he gets, was talking how he just got a deal on a Vortec S trim.... it was an S trim.... but nothing else.

I was assured by the seller MANY MANY times over that everything was there to install except the fiting that goes into the oil pan and the lower oil hose. I had to buy a complete bolt kit, belt, oil lines, Alt bracket, and spacers from Vortech. The shop doing the job is also charging me to install my 255 fuel pump and 30 pound injectors. I'm calling vortech today to find out if the SC was ever in for service, I was told before I bought it that there was less than 1,000 miles onit since it was rebuilt.

hum this sounds like a dealer that was here in nc and now in florida mm (modular maddness) man that place was a crappy shop! we are glad there gone , sorry about your bad luck with the sc kit. goodluck getting it done.

well this is how much of a screwing I took....1750 for the kit plus 30 pound injectors, and the total to install with the shop having to get all new parts was $2130, that was without a tune. MAF meter, $169, 255 pump $129 and of course the 70 MM TB $229. I got soaked, I will never buy something like that used again.

damn man, you had a shop install an maf, fuel pump, and throttle body? Thats easy bs work, I wouldnt pay anyone to do that, especially a speed shop will charge you 100 bucks to isntall each part.