Let’s Talk About Toolboxes And Garages..

IMG_0664.JPG
2015-11-29 13.38.10.jpg
File Feb 17, 6 55 06 PM2.jpg
Built my shop about six years ago. Wrench on the Mustang in heated comfort in the winter, drive it in the summer. I have a mishmash of boxes, but my favorite is the Montezuma.

Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Keep in mind, I turn wrenches for a living...

At work I have the Harbor Freight 44" box from back when it had a textured dull red finish, with the matching side locker (with custom shelves inside), an Ikea steel chest for an overhead locker mounted to it (gives me a work/junk area beneath it), and the Matco Rat Fink work cart... All of that, and I'm contemplating further expansion (it's full... again).

At home I have a Kobalt 46" stainless steel box I bought off another tech that was upgrade ($60, couldn't pass it up even with a broken slide on the top drawer), a Craftsman stackable 28" (I think) wide box, a 22" wide no-name box I bought all the way back when I first started turning wrenches, and another of the Ikea cabinets as a top box on the Kobalt.

I can post pics of the shop setup later, the home setup is such a disastrous mess right now from neglect that I'd be embarrased to.

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_0664.JPG
2015-11-29 13.38.10.jpg
File Feb 17, 6 55 06 PM2.jpg
Built my shop about six years ago. Wrench on the Mustang in heated comfort in the winter, drive it in the summer. I have a mishmash of boxes, but my favorite is the Montezuma.

This is pretty close to what I want to build. Upstairs craft and sewing room for my wife, downstairs garage for me. Love it, looks good.

Joe

I do everything in my tiny one car garage which is attached to my house under my daughters bedroom. My tool box of course the classic Craftsman from back when I was 24 years old. But I have lately been giving strong consideration to the 52" Husky tool box for $598.

20160828_174707.jpg
Screenshot_2018-02-12-21-09-30-1.png

0220180655.jpg

That's the setup at work. Black cart to the right of my red box belongs to my neighbor on the left, his bay has no room, so he parks it in mine.

Reactions: 1 users
E60BB10B-524C-4443-A496-CAF8C58CF561.jpeg
49CB834A-CDE7-4750-90D1-80650429727C.jpeg
04DB5FBC-9D08-4057-9350-52DB488D4113.jpeg
Dang I can’t wait to have a house!! I actually just bought myself a tool box thinga majig. Nothing great but a little pick up from harbor for a great price. Now I have to get it in the right spot hmmmm:banana:

E60BB10B-524C-4443-A496-CAF8C58CF561.jpeg
49CB834A-CDE7-4750-90D1-80650429727C.jpeg
04DB5FBC-9D08-4057-9350-52DB488D4113.jpeg
Dang I can’t wait to have a house!! I actually just bought myself a tool box thinga majig. Nothing great but a little pick up from harbor for a great price. Now I have to get it in the right spot hmmmm:banana:

I literally just got that same box. I was looking at the big one, but we are gonna try to buy a bigger house in the next year, so gotta go light for now.

I literally just got that same box. I was looking at the big one, but we are gonna try to buy a bigger house in the next year, so gotta go light for now.
Yeah it’s not bad and I don’t have a garage full of tools, so it works for me for now. Maybe once we buy a house I’ll upgrade. Wonder if I can put little gas struts like the bigger ones have, but for 100 bucks with that pres. day sale I couldn’t pass.

Yeah it’s not bad and I don’t have a garage full of tools, so it works for me for now. Maybe once we buy a house I’ll upgrade. Wonder if I can put little gas struts like the bigger ones have, but for 100 bucks with that pres. day sale I couldn’t pass.
I’m happy with it. It’ll help get me organized and outta the desk. I might pick up the side tray for it though

27BBC402-D785-4505-A1FF-6B8114BB415D.jpeg
I’m happy with it. It’ll help get me organized and outta the desk. I might pick up the side tray for it though
Ha ha yeah I thought about that to might have to pick one up. Started kinda organizing the other day. Like I said not many tools but slowly I keep buying especially now that I’m attempting to do more work myself!! Found a use for my OG 5.0 badge though!

27BBC402-D785-4505-A1FF-6B8114BB415D.jpeg

Ha ha yeah I thought about that to might have to pick one up. Started kinda organizing the other day. Like I said not many tools but slowly I keep buying especially now that I’m attempting to do more work myself!! Found a use for my OG 5.0 badge though!
I have those colored deep well sockets and love them. Never thought a simple thing like color would matter

This is where I do all my work. A little 20x20 garage that was built in 1917 that I just finished pouring the floors and renovating last year. I can't wait to build a bigger garage but I'm waiting to buy my neighbors property so I have more options of where to put it. I didn't want to have to tear down this building in the process as this will probably always be my metal fab shop. It's got heat, A/C, a beer fridge, water, TV, cable, internet, computer, sound system, lots of tools, ect. All just in case I ever get kicked out of the house ;)

I have the same Harbor Freight toolbox as other guys, my older three piece craftsman toolbox set, a Vulcan welding cart, and various other carts/spots to store stuff. When I renovated this garage, I spent a lot of time making everything fit as best as possible while still being able to move around. There is a lot of :poo: packed in here and all my toolboxes are full. I also have an upstairs and a 16x10 shed built on the back of the garage that is absolutely full of mustang parts and tools. It all works for right now.

936638.jpg

949630.jpg

13917.jpg

A little before and after picture (with a mustang in the way now). This garage used to have brick on dirt floor which was a pain. Ignore the inspector dude in the background.

DSC00106.JPG

054256.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
This is where I do all my work. A little 20x20 garage that was built in 1917 that I just finished pouring the floors and renovating last year. I can't wait to build a bigger garage but I'm waiting to buy my neighbors property so I have more options of where to put it. I didn't want to have to tear down this building in the process as this will probably always be my metal fab shop. It's got heat, A/C, a beer fridge, water, TV, cable, internet, computer, sound system, lots of tools, ect. All just in case I ever get kicked out of the house ;)

I have the same Harbor Freight toolbox as other guys, my older three piece craftsman toolbox set, a Vulcan welding cart, and various other carts/spots to store stuff. When I renovated this garage, I spent a lot of time making everything fit as best as possible while still being able to move around. There is a lot of :poo: packed in here and all my toolboxes are full. I also have an upstairs and a 16x10 shed built on the back of the garage that is absolutely full of mustang parts and tools. It all works for right now.

936638.jpg

949630.jpg

13917.jpg

A little before and after picture (with a mustang in the way now). This garage used to have brick on dirt floor which was a pain. Ignore the inspector dude in the background.

DSC00106.JPG

054256.jpg
By full of mustang parts does there happen to be a 70mm TB up in there? Cleaned up good and looks like you got your own shop going on

I got somet insider info....

The Harbor Freight tool boxes are supposed to be coming out in blue, black, and red. Thought I'd give a heads up. Don't know a release date but this info came from a higher up in the company. Apparently, they're selling pretty well.

24C3CB48-AAEB-4EA5-99AB-81C33BB4F752.png
I got somet insider info....

The Harbor Freight tool boxes are supposed to be coming out in blue, black, and red. Thought I'd give a heads up. Don't know a release date but this info came from a higher up in the company. Apparently, they're selling pretty well.
Think they’ve been out for a minute. Saw this add a few weeks back. Pretty good price, idk about the comparison quote but that seems like they would be two completely different boxes.

By full of mustang parts does there happen to be a 70mm TB up in there? Cleaned up good and looks like you got your own shop going on

Thanks man, and that's been my goal to acquire everything I would need to start a shop..... just in case.

I checked and I don't have a 70mm TB around. I have about 6 stock ones sitting around though...