let me know what you think.....(Stoptech's)

Race-Stang... I love your car, & those would look great behind your wheels, but that is a waste of money unless you are heavily road racing the car... My stock 2 piston PBR brakes work just fine for street use IMO...

• Sponsors (?)

Twisted, I deff wanna get back up to Mass to do some more track time in. Kinda wanna do some more suspension mods before I go back up there cuz my car was all over the place. I wanna do MM full length subframes, bigger front and rear swaybars, and the Steeda adjustable rear swaybar befor I go back up there. Plus, the stock brakes that I have on there now aint worth a s**t. Even though I have the SSBC rotors and Hawk pads, the car just does not wanna stop. I plan ongetting all these thing together in another month or so. I will deff shoot you a PM when Im all set and wanna go back up.

Also, I dont know why everyone is bashing the StoTech's. If they wernt better than Brembos, why does MM sell their kits and run them on their track cars:shrug:

Im not bashing them at all, they look great, but that is A LOT of money on brakes IMO...

If uant to road race that car, I would take that cash & invest in an MM K member kit 1st before I would get those brakes... Then I would try to find a set of used 94-98 Cobra brakes for cheap from a wrecking yard... I can even find u a cheap used set out here. i know our local wrecker has at least 4 wrecked 96-98 Cobra's out at the yard....

I wasnt directing it at you EPIK, it just seemed like a lot of people think that if it isnt Brembo, than its junk. I wanna do something different when I upgrade the brakes, so thats why I was leaning toward these. They arn't that expensive when put next to Brembo's. Like I said, for a similar kit from Brembo, it's over $3,200.

I like the kit, i mean yea its expensive but not like the brembos. I'm with ya on doing it different too. Now me, when i need to replace MY brakes(pads), i'm just gonna upgrade my whole setup to the cobra/mach 1 kit with EBC pads. I say go for it and let us know how they are.

regardless stoptech and brembo both make great products.. however this is a street driven mustang that gets some track use.. its not worth it,. the cobra brake kit should be more than sufficient with good pads and rotors... the 00r kit should be perfect if not overkill for what you need

now that i see that you dont have a lot of suspension stuff done... i wouldnt even consider these... i would build the entire suspension... you want track worthy brakes? then id strt with a track worthy suspension that can handle the speeds your gonna be braking from... that includes SF connectors, panhrd bars, orque arms and maybe even coiovers and a kmember

asfar as brakes, it looks like your running gt brakes now with ssbc rotors and good pads.. upgrade those to the 13 inch cobras for around 900 bux front and rear or about 1300 for 00r front and cobra rears... either of thos willgive you phenominal braking over what you have now

plus, if you go with a 1300 brake setup (front and rear) instead of a 3200 setup(lol front only) you will have almost 2000 to play with... thats a substantial amount of suspension

also, when your suspension is built and the brakes are done.. your gonna need a nice set of tires for racing purposes that are nice and sticky... whatever you are running on the street ow probably isnt even sufficent to handle the stock brakes at full pedal

good luck

FWIW, on the street my Bullitt front (i.e. cobra, mach 1), Cobra rear, brembo drilled front rotors (genuine from tire rack) and stainless lines never faded once on the street, even with the type of driving I do. I doubt you could get the 00R kit to fade either.

The stoptech kit you want is nice, no one is denying that, but it's unnecessary. Like bwahl said, get the full cobra kit or 00R kit/cobra rear and invest the other 2k into H&R/Bilstein/MM lca/MM full sfc and MM PHB and you're set.

FWIW, on the street my Bullitt front (i.e. cobra, mach 1), Cobra rear, brembo drilled front rotors (genuine from tire rack) and stainless lines never faded once on the street, even with the type of driving I do. I doubt you could get the 00R kit to fade either.

The stoptech kit you want is nice, no one is denying that, but it's unnecessary. Like bwahl said, get the full cobra kit or 00R kit/cobra rear and invest the other 2k into H&R/Bilstein/MM lca/MM full sfc and MM PHB and you're set.

++1

The friend I bought the car from put them on it. The thing wants to flip over it's nose when you stomp on the binders. It's awesome.

I'm unsure which models they are exactly, but I think I remember him saying they're the 4-piston model (with 13" vented rotors). He also put metallic race pads on it (again, I can't remember the exact brand), which are very aggressive. Normal driving dusts up the wheels pretty quickly.

Which is why I'm buying his black wheels from him. :)

Alrite, heres what I have decided on. Im going to go with the 13" kit instead of the 14" one for a couple reasons.

1. I only need a 1/8" spacer to make them fit instead of a 1/2" one for the 14" kit

2. they are a LOT cheaper than the 14" kit. Every place on line wants around $2600 for the 14" kit, and around $2100 for the 13" kit. I was looking to see who had the cheepest price for the 13" kit, and it happend to be AmericanMuscle.com, with a price of $1750. I already got the discount code, and the kit would be about $1650 with free shipping:banana:

3. the 13" kit will be more than sufficient for what I will be doing.

Im going to be ordering them in the next week or so. I will deffinitly post up pics when I get them installed. (oh, and Im also going to get the red cobra brake kit for the back)