Let the price gouging begin.....

• Sponsors (?)

Over here at Berge Ford they got in about 10 new 05's at 8:30 PM on Thursday night. By 10 AM the next day all but the 2 show room models were sold. The only way you could get a test drive one was if you were going to buy that day and put some money down prior to the test drive. It's crazy... I'll wait till the end of the 05 season then find a great deal on a GT or spring for a Cobra when they come out.

I like 'em but I would have to modify the styling of the GT. Too tame for my blood... I can't wait to see the Cobra or Shelby version... Here's Steve's...

2005_temp_1.jpg

More pics here:
http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm

The Saleen looks interesting, but I hate the glue-on looking cover over the inner tail lights. Triple lights are what makes a Mustang a Mustang! On the other hand, Shelby got away with it nicely in '67 and on.

Anyway, on the pricing -- as much as the "market adjustments" suck, that's a free market economy for you! Take the good with the bad. It'll settle out in 6 months or so. The Cobra/GT 350 or whatever it turns out to be will be the same way or worse.

i'm waiting a year. that way I won't have too much of a hard time getting one with my color and interior preference.
silver paint, red seats and inserts w/ premium interior package. and a 5 speed stick.
besides, waiting a bit will help me pay off some bills before I tackle a huge car payment.

It's supply and demand--if there is a sufficient "supply" of impatient people who HAVE to have the new Mustang before everybody else in their neighbourhood, then the dealers would be crazy not to "demand" a price well over sticker. As the saying goes: A fool and his money are soon parted.

Not that I'm in the position to buy another Mustang, but if I were I would definitely wait till Ford works out all the inevitable "new-model bugs."