Lets play a game.... NAME THOSE PARTS!

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
Does anyone know what these wires on the solenoid go to?

View attachment 377410

#1 has a single black wire (either white or tan tracer) with a silver metal box (relay?)

#2 has a pale yellow wire with a thick rubber / plastic end on it.

#3 is a green wire with a fuseable link in it.

from what ive been told....

#1 is for either the power windows or A/C :shrug:
#2 is for the alternator :shrug:
#3 is the power for the chassis harness :shrug:

Im out of room on my solenoid, and i still have to connect my starter wire. I need either help identifying these parts to see if i can eliminate some of them, or something that i can extend from the power side of the solenoid to help me connect more wires to the mofo.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

BINGO you guessed them your self. the alternator wire is the one i was talking about yesterday. and no you cant get rid of any of them unless you got manual windows, only plan to run the car for minutes at a time and do not want headlights.

I think when I tried my windows and doorlocks w/o #1 they wouldn't work

thats how i found out a while back. i was like WTF is this i dont need it. so i took it off then the next day tried to let lock my doors and was like WTF. oh BTW its not for the windows its just the locks. i remember letting my windows down now. so i guess you coud still use the key. so disregaurd my last statement, youcan take it off. it is jsut gonna take away some convenience

thats how i found out a while back. i was like WTF is this i dont need it. so i took it off then the next day tried to let lock my doors and was like WTF. oh BTW its not for the windows its just the locks. i remember letting my windows down now. so i guess you coud still use the key. so disregaurd my last statement, youcan take it off. it is jsut gonna take away some convenience

Okie Doke.... i would take it off, BUT... i have shaved door handles (from when someone decided to practically destroy my door skins breaking into my car.

I wonder if radio shack or a stereo shop makes something to piggyback the terminal on the solenoid to give me more connection options. The main reason im having this problem is the size of terminals im using for my battery & starter are a little bigger than stock. Hell, even with completely stock stuff, i dont think there is enough room on that thing.

Okie Doke.... i would take it off, BUT... i have shaved door handles (from when someone decided to practically destroy my door skins breaking into my car.

I wonder if radio shack or a stereo shop makes something to piggyback the terminal on the solenoid to give me more connection options. The main reason im having this problem is the size of terminals im using for my battery & starter are a little bigger than stock. Hell, even with completely stock stuff, i dont think there is enough room on that thing.

hold on im gonna paint you something.....

gggggro7.jpg

Go to a sound system shop, they have lots of stuff that will help you out. They have distribution blocks and such

8286721_sa.jpg

I would use something like this to hook up all the little wires so basically all you need on the solenoid are the battery, starter, and wire to the distribution block :D

So are you saying i should take a piece of battery cable, put ringed ends on both ends, on one end bolt that to the solenoid, and connect everything else to the other end of the battery cable?

yep..

Go to a sound system shop, they have lots of stuff that will help you out. They have distribution blocks and such

8286721_sa.jpg

this will work to. same concept. just make a seperate junction