Lets talk about complete LED conversions.....

• Sponsors (?)

One of my future projects is to upgrade the bulbs in the dash. Video makes it look easy.

I bought that kit. My advice is for you not to buy it.
The single led bulbs in the kit work well for the warning and indicator lights, they aren't worth a damn for the illumination positions. If you look at the youtube preview above, you can see how the illumination of the volt meter, oil pressure and fuel gauge are really dim, and those 3 needles are not lit at all. The single LED bulbs in the kit only have about 90 degrees of light output, and those six illumination bulbs need bulbs with 180 degrees of output. I would up ordering 6 of these bulbs https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-lan/3305/ to get my entire cluster to illuminate correctly. The result is really nice, makes driving the car much better at night. It was was worth the effort.

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to save you the hassle I went through when I installed this kit. You may be able to find the led bulbs on amazon even cheaper than the link I posted above.

Reactions: 1 user
I bought that kit. My advice is for you not to buy it.
The single led bulbs in the kit work well for the warning and indicator lights, they aren't worth a damn for the illumination positions. If you look at the youtube preview above, you can see how the illumination of the volt meter, oil pressure and fuel gauge are really dim, and those 3 needles are not lit at all. The single LED bulbs in the kit only have about 90 degrees of light output, and those six illumination bulbs need bulbs with 180 degrees of output. I would up ordering 6 of these bulbs https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-lan/3305/ to get my entire cluster to illuminate correctly. The result is really nice, makes driving the car much better at night. It was was worth the effort.

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to save you the hassle I went through when I installed this kit. You may be able to find the led bulbs on amazon even cheaper than the link I posted above.
So glad to hear your review on it. Nothing like getting info, from someone who has experienced it. Saved me the hassle. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user