Life Expectancy

• Sponsors (?)

well i have seen some 6er mustangs with a little over 200,000 and still going, i know mine has over 180,000 but i use full synthetic, and i still beat the hell out of my stang, redlines at 4,750 and i tend to hit the limiter a lot which is at 5,500:D :SNSign: And never had engine problems yet.

Keep up with the maitainence schedules, check your fluids every month and tires when you think about it, and you could see a long living healthy car. My 2000 is at 50400 miles, and I'll be switching to synthetic oil for the engine and transmission. It reduces wear and friction, so the engine last longer, the oil can go 10,000 miles easily, you gain 1-2mpg and maybe squeek a few hp out of the engine too.

:( saaaad i bought the GT for 7000 cash < after everything) with 92,000 putting mobil 1 oil and beating the crap out of her and only issue is she seems to be running rich thanks to the air temp sensor being locked at the hiest reading. but a V6 2001 shouldnt be over 80,000 neways...right unless most is highway which is better i guess

Thank you all very much for your input. Any expanded or continuations of this would be appreciated greatly. I want a "fun" car that will last me through my last year of highschool and around 7 years of college.

My estimates say by the time i am done with it, the car will have 150,000 miles. I was wondering if this is a reasonable expectation for a Ford Mustang. If i were to buy one used it will have around 60,000 Miles.