Life teased the **** out of me today

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
Lets just call today cobra day...

Early this afternoon a buddy calls me and asks if I want to go for a short ride to home depot in an 03 cobra, I tell him hell ya lets go so he came to pick me up about 20mins later. Turns out its got a few mods; pullied, catback, intake. The thing pulled like I dont know what. I thought it was gonna be bad getting behind the wheel of my GT again, but wait it gets worse.

Finished up what I had to do around the house so I went out for a drive. Drove a few miles to one of the WaWa's around here to go get gas, and there was a mustang parked at the pump; had a Cobra R bumper, hood, Y2K cobra wheels, side exhaust. I'm thinking yea, nice look alike. Just got out of the car getting ready to walk in and looked at the back, tag reads "r num 177" or something like that. Quickly I turn around and head back cause I wanna talk to this guy. A min later he comes out and I question him about it, sure as **** its a real 00' Cobra R! :nice: He popped the hood for me real quick, and you can't fake that engine. He ran away real fast so I didnt get a chance to chat, he must have been in a hurry I dont know.

Cliffnotes for those that didnt read the whole thing: Rode in a pullied 03' Cobra, parked next to a real 00' Cobra R.

• Sponsors (?)

I know...

Only owe 6k left on mine, then the mods can really start. Just feels like I gotta sink a ton into the GT just to get it 'on par' with a stock Cobra, let alone that pullied one.

yeah my friend's pullied cobra is what made my buy my GT. I was on the fence, I had driven a few GT's and i liked it but i didn't know what their potential was.. and then he took me out in the Kewbra and I was like ok, if this car can ever be made to run like that one.. I must have it :nice:

...............................oh wait, for a 2v that happens about $10000 later, but it's ok, i like sleepers :D

Yeah not fair.

Before I got my GT I got excited ANY time I even saw or heard a nice sounding V8 Stang. Now that I have my GT they are like the pleauge and you cant get rid of their mass numbers.

Now I personally know several people with 03/04 Cobra's and even Mach 1's that make me drool. I know someone whos going in for an HP twin turbo setup on his Mach... that my freind is jealousy.

Yeah not fair.

Before I got my GT I got excited ANY time I even saw or heard a nice sounding V8 Stang. Now that I have my GT they are like the pleauge and you cant get rid of their mass numbers.

Now I personally know several people with 03/04 Cobra's and even Mach 1's that make me drool. I know someone whos going in for an HP twin turbo setup on his Mach... that my freind is jealousy.

Heh, I could handle the 03/04 Cobra...wanted it, but I've been in one before only it was stock. But when I saw the 00' Cobra R :drool:

There was a small car show today in town and a guy pulled out his 04 Mach 1 that only has 6K miles on it. He said he and his wife put 2700 of them on last summer on a trip. That and I got my grandpa to pull out the Bullitt to take up there, wasn't clean enough to put in the show though. One kid here in town took is dad's GTO Judge up there too. Those are some damn nice cars.

There was a small car show today in town and a guy pulled out his 04 Mach 1 that only has 6K miles on it. He said he and his wife put 2700 of them on last summer on a trip. That and I got my grandpa to pull out the Bullitt to take up there, wasn't clean enough to put in the show though. One kid here in town took is dad's GTO Judge up there too. Those are some damn nice cars.

Only 6k? wow....my 03 has like 5,125 on it :)

HOW do you just let the car sit like that and not drive it? That would drive me nuts. I'd have to have 2 stangs to let one sit in the garage that much.

I hear ya....Im tryin to keep the miles low on my 03 Mach by not driving it daily, but its hard to get myself to always drive my Jetta instead. I put about 6k on my Mach since September and Im currently @ 36k.

I've gotten to drive a 500HP '03 Cobra before. Let's just say it felt like driving a civic when i hopped back in my 260HP GT :(

I've also seen and sat inside both an '00R and Ford GT before as well. My cell phone wallpaper is the GT i saw in person