Lifter length

87 black gt

Jan 24, 2016
Has anyone have issues with the ford racing hydrulic roller lifters being a 1/16th inch longer then the stock ones I pulled out and did you have to change push rod length by a 1/16th shorter need input on this before I go and reinstall the heads thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Has anyone have issues with the ford racing hydrulic roller lifters being a 1/16th inch longer then the stock ones I pulled out and did you have to change push rod length by a 1/16th shorter need input on this before I go and reinstall the heads thanks

I put the them in my motor, I'm pretty sure they were the same size when I compared them.... I sure didn't notice any obvious size difference... also I ended up having to use longer push rods anyway when I installed the GT40P heads.. with stock ratio 1.6 scorpion rollers...

I put the them in my motor, I'm pretty sure they were the same size when I compared them.... I sure didn't notice any obvious size difference... also I ended up having to use longer push rods anyway when I installed the GT40P heads.. with stock ratio 1.6 scorpion rollers...
There definitely a 1/16th longer I would think that would throw off my geometry by about 1/16 and not center the the roller on the valve I have the same rockers

There definitely a 1/16th longer I would think that would throw off my geometry by about 1/16 and not center the the roller on the valve I have the same rockers
The body of the lifter isn't a factor. It's the internal dimensions that matter. Are you measuring the length of the lifter overall, or are you saying that the plunger where the pushrod contacts is .0625 higher?

And.....it's "They're"