Lifter noise

I just picked up my new car last week
A little background info:
(see sig below)
The engine is a 347 c.i. stroker motor (FRPP M-6007-C347)with hydraulic roller camshaft and roller rocker arms.
The engine is carbed with a 750 Holley DP.
The only issue/concern that I have is what I believe to be lifter noise coming from the drivers side only. I understand that I should expect some valve train noise with this combo. It is odd to me that is only coming from one side It is also kind of annoying. Almost sounds like it is low on oil.
The old sewing machine sound. It is probably not nearly as noticeable to others as it is to me. (you know how that goes!)
The Rocker arms have been inspected and tightened down to spec's.
I called FRPP and they suggested that I change my oil from a 20 W 50 that was recommended to a 10 W 30.. Due to the fact that I am in Indiana in a "cooler" climate. They believe that this lighter oil might help "pump up" the lifters that are causing the noise. I was instructed to call them back if this doesn't resolve the problem..
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

• Sponsors (?)

If the noise persists once the oil pressure is up then a lighter oil will not "fix" it. I would look at replacing the lifters if your sure the rockers are adjusted correctly. Have you checked for a possible exhaust leak on that side?

I used the old scewdriver to the ear and the valve cover method and it seems to be coming from under the valve cover. So I am convinced it is not an exhaust leak. The rockers have a small amount of play side to side which I believe is normal. I rechecked the rockers and they are tight no problems there.
Different sources are telling me that valve train noise is normal for my set up..??
Again I think it is odd that I am only hearing the ticking from the driver side.
Is the general consensus that I should replace my lifters??
Or should I learn to live with this noise??
Scott

The noise coming from underneath a valve cover leads me to think rocker arms. I'd give them a once over, and try adjusting them again. Here's an excerpt from the "How to" sticky we have over in the 94-95 Tech section, courtesy of 5spd GT:
5spd GT said:
“1. Remove the valve covers, and pick a cylinder you are going to set the pre-load on. Only do one cylinder at a time.
2. Rotate the engine in its normal direction of rotation (clockwise) and watch the exhaust valve on that particular cylinder. When the exhaust valve begins to open, stop and adjust that cylinder's intake rocker arm.
3. To adjust, back off the intake rocker arm adjusting nut and remove any tension from the push rod. Wait a minute or two for that hydraulic lifter to return to a neutral position. The spring inside the lifter will move the push rod seat up against the retaining lock, if you give it time to do so.
4. Twist the intake push rod with your fingers while tightening down the rocker arm. When you feel a slight resistance to the turning of the push rod, you are at "Zero Lash". Turn the adjusting nut down one half to three-quarters of a turn from that point for street applications. Use 1/8 to 1/4 turn for race applications. Lock the adjuster into position. The intake is now adjusted properly.
5. Continue to turn the engine, watching that same intake valve/rocker you just set. It will go to full open and then begin to close. When it is almost closed, stop and adjust the exhaust rocker arm on that particular cylinder. Loosen the exhaust rocker arm and follow the same procedure described before in steps 3 and 4 to adjust this rocker arm.
6. Both valves on this cylinder are now adjusted, and you can move on to your next cylinder and follow the same procedure again.
There may be some initial valvetrain noise when the engine is first fired up but once oil pressure has stabilized and the engine heats up, it should quiet right down to a normal level.
Remember that some racier camshafts will have a mechanical sound to them and will not be a silent as factory units.”

I have the exact problem it seems. On my 1990 5.0 the passanger side of the motor squeaks alomost consistantly and I have always suspected it to be a pushrod or something on the valve train....very annoying