lighted door sill

looking @ new stangs thinking about ordering and see the lighted door sill are a $250 option. Could i easily install those later? Are the wires ran in all stangs and it's just a matter of popping them in?

oh and did they get the transmissions fixed yet?

many thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

All options on new cars cost extra. $250- sounds pretty reasonable to me.
I mean you could save $250. by not getting factory floor mats and just
buying them from AutoZone. Do BMW owners cry about the price of
heated seats or dual climate controls.....:D

There are kits for the door sills but I doubt the wires are there. About the tranny....mine works great and several that had problems have had successful repairs from Ford. I would not worry about it....buy and drive it....there is a warranty on it for problems.

All options on new cars cost extra. $250- sounds pretty reasonable to me.
I mean you could save $250. by not getting factory floor mats and just
buying them from AutoZone. Do BMW owners cry about the price of
heated seats or dual climate controls.....:D

that's a good point if i did order it, however if i could find one on a dealer lot that had everything BUT... kind of the other reason i was fishing. thanks!

that's a good point if i did order it, however if i could find one on a dealer lot that had everything BUT... kind of the other reason i was fishing. thanks!

Well how much do you need a lit door seal? That wasn't a huge selling point on the one i bought even though I do enjoy customizing all my colors....LoL my car/gauges lit in red with a purple halo ring.....Gotta love being able to control almost everyting.....

As I unerstand it, the lighted door sills are a dealer installed item if you order the option. Mine had it when I bought the car. So, if it's a dealer installed option, there should be no reason the parts can't be bought through the dealer and self installed. You may be able to get them cheaper if you find out who makes them and buy direct.:shrug: