Mach 1 Lightning Kill

WhiteHeat306 said:
I ran one about 2 months ago and destroyed it.

Atta boy! Easy kills, DONEDIRTCHEAP!

As for that meet (as Burly hits the paste button again):

BTW, when are we doing the Hooters meet? There is a Mustang Roundup in Lubbock this weekend (Saturday AUG 20 at Carollon). We could hook up at Hooters, take in some meat and mammaries, and 'head' over to the meet :shrug:

We could crash that party and actually be invited if we show in Machs :nice:

I'm showing either way, check the sig, I will be there with my ride. My avatar resides on my rear decklid. If I go to Hooters first, just look for the guy with a big smile on his face.

As for organizing, all I need is ONE reply on either Stangnet or The Registry to be there; the others know where we are. Just tell the waitress your looking for the Mustang guys. I'll grab a table close to the door. Like I said, either way I'm going to the meet.

• Sponsors (?)

Haha
I had an 01 lightning before the 04 mach. With about 1500 invested in it, I went 12.5's. They aren't slow by any means. Hell, I went 13.1 with tires and an air filter. L's are hard to launch on the street if you cant tame the power.

machwon04 said:
L's are hard to launch on the street if you cant tame the power.

That's a big 'if', machone. And this guy wasn't spinning rears, only his S/C. I completely dusted him and there wasn't one thing he could do about it. Remember, as I posted, I destroyed him TWICE.

You may have been fast in your L, but you didn't try me in my Mach :D

Hahaha,
Re-read your first post, along w/ the comment that you could only hear his s/c. With the torque L's put down STOCK, he would have dusted you (off the line) w/ good traction and launch. My stock L spun all the way through second gear. The only way you heard his s/c loud and clear from that "far"away was if he didn't know how to drive and spun alot.

Aside from that, I don't mean to take away from your kill. Run what you brung. If he doesnt know how to handle his power, fu<k him, he looses. Im just saying they shouldn't be underestimated. They are a pulley change away from ~500 rwtq. Let's face it, you WILL NOT dust that off the line IF he had traction. Again, I'm not making excuses, he lost, done deal. I'm just saying, I wouldn't discount L's as a whole. My Mach is definitely quicker than my L was stock, but I would have dusted my own ass in my L for the first close to 1/8 mile, and I can drive the stang better. Then, as others have said, aerodynamics takes its toll, and the Mach would overcome thereafter. That's stock for stock though, I don't know what mods you have on your mach. There are quite a few 03/04 L's out there that run/have run 13.2-13.4 bone stock. And be careful, there are faaaar more L's out there running better than 12.0 than Mach's. I love my Mach, but I miss the hell out of my L. You just don't expect to pull up next to a pickup and get smoked.

Then again, what do I know? I'm an Aggie :p :D I think I read elsewhere that you don't like us very much. Haha, I'm not much for the traditions myself .... I just go to school here. I actually have a couple of friends there that want to come here pretty bad after spending a couple years there.

Good one

That L was an easy kill, but I agree that he probably didn't know how to drive it. I figure he thought he could take me and gave it the 'ole college try.....wasn't enough. Either way.....

.....concerning Aggie hatred :D

I don't mind Ag's like you, you go to school there b/c it's a damn good school (I assume :shrug: ). If one or all of my kids get a full ride there, I will encourage them to go, even instead of Tech, I just think it's a better school for learning.

The Ag's I detest are those morons that come to town and think they are better than us just b/c they had ONE good season one-half century ago, give-or-take. Talk about living on past glory.

My personal hatred is actually over one solitary incident: when I was at Tech in the '80's, the Ag's came to town and shoe-polished 'TECH SUCKS' on every window of our athletic complex, then they beat us to a pulp. I've hated them ever since.

Holding yell, cheer, queer? practice after the game in the opponent's stadium is in my opinion the LOWEST form of sportsmanship. We should just turn the lights off. The game is over, LEAVE! GO HOME! We just creamed you! Your team didn't just run out of time, the margin of defeat would have grown to infinity :notnice:

:OT: Sorry, another Aggie rant.

You sound OK though. It helps that you are a Mustang guy. That exceeds all boundries.

Haha yea that would piss me off too. It's kinda like what I witnessed in Dallas this weekend at a restaurant after the game. A bunch of Texas fans were pissing off a bunch of OU fans. My g/f goes to OU, and I still wanted Texas to win, but it was still like...."congratulations, you've won 1 out of the last 6, want a cookie?" I think even OU fans knew who was gonna win it this year, they lost damn near their ENTIRE team after last year's graduates moved on.