Lightning owners...Insurance?

• Sponsors (?)

BlownStangGT said:
What do you guys and gals pay for insurance rates on your lightning? Whats your age and driving record and who are you through? Thanx alot.

33 yrs old, clean record for the past 5yrs (we wont talk about the all the previous yrs. :D )
2003 Lightning $319 for 6 months

23, Male, clean record (thankfully knock on all wood surfaces), neon, L, and Cobra on account. Cobra is rape high, L was dropped to $76 a month when I added the cobra, both are 01 and the neon is 02 which is my fiancee. Will drop in price soon...marriage thing helps. Looking for a house as well so I guess that might drop it more. Age of 25 will drop it more so things should get pretty cheap soon I hope. I am looking to try and get the new one when it comes out.

Morpheusgpr said:
IMO he should not be driving. 3 DWI, he should be in a cell.

Never had a beer nor hard liquor and less than a glass of wine in my life. So I'm hardly pro drinking. But I think it depends on when this stuff happened. If he's been clean for 6 years now I don't have a problem with it. If he's still drinking, he's definately dangerous.

hey guys, just swingin in from the 4.6 forum and wanted to know how yall registered you L. Do the insurance companies know it is a SVT or just a F150? I am debating on getting a 99 or 00 lightning instead of my current GT but I wasn't sure about insurance. Im seeing prices from 15k to 20k on some Ls but I was thinking maybe trading this summer or next christmas.

Thanks!

Are there any plans for a newer stylew L to come out? Im assuming this would cause a small price drop, and I am aiming for around Christmas of 04. But I may change mind down the road, Ill have to look into my insurance.

Pootiestang said:
Are there any plans for a newer stylew L to come out? Im assuming this would cause a small price drop, and I am aiming for around Christmas of 04. But I may change mind down the road, Ill have to look into my insurance.

Might as well keep saving your $$$, don't count on a new L to be out by this December...

Why? Because SVT has said there will not be any '05 SVT models. They are slated to release their new batch of SVT models for the '06 model year.

Now, it's probably safe to say that SVT will release an '06 model Lightning, based on the response to their '04 concept Lightning at the '03 auto show here in Motown. I'm not sure when this new Lightning will be released, perhaps in the later months of 2005 or even during the first few months of 2006 :shrug: . Nothing is 100% "official" about the '06 Lightning production as of now so we'll all have to stay tuned to find out what the new Lightning will bring to the table...

My .02

Yeah nothing new for a bit so might as well get one now. I have seen high teens for the 99 and 00 models. If you can get a deal on an 01 might as well get that, few extra ponies to start with.

My insurance knows both as SVTs, they go off the vin numbers so it pops up automatically.

I could insure a Zo6 vette cheaper then my cobra :mad: