Likelyhood of a 5.4L 4V NA Boss/Mach 1/GT 350 in 2007?

RickV

Dec 30, 2004
What do you all think? That would be sweet to have a middle of the road 5.4L DOHC N/A car that could put down about 370 RWHP for around $34,000! Hopefully it happens in model year 2007!! We'll see!

• Sponsors (?)

RickV said:
What do you all think? That would be sweet to have a middle of the road 5.4L DOHC N/A car that could put down about 370 RWHP for around $34,000! Hopefully it happens in model year 2007!! We'll see!

I dunno, but to borrow a quote I saw in another forum: if they make it I'll have my order in so fast the windows at my bank will implode.
:nice:

That's the proven set-up from the 2000 Cobra R right ?
5.4 liter, NA, 4 valve.

Seems to me that there are more likely combos that would fall in between the '07 Shelby GT500's Supercharged 5.4 liter monster and the standard GT's 4.6 liter, 3 valve.

Namely:
4.6 liter, 3 valve SOHC, supercharged.
4.6 liter, 4 valve DOHC, supercharged,
5.0 liter cammer (perfect for a BOSS reintroduction); same as the GTR's engine.

Cammer wont pass reliability or smog requirements. If Ford is going to do a 5.0 mod engine, it will be a change eventually across the board to make it development and production cost friendly. So that means f-150s, econolines, explorers, etc. So maybe a Boss 302 will come, but after the Boss 302 comes out, expect to eventually see the 5.0 replacing the 4.6 as standard a couple years later. My 18 cents.

Hey, Ford resurrected the Shelby GT500 nameplate for the Cobra - - - I don'i think that was cheap - - - so bringing back the "BOSS" might not be that far of a stretch.