LIMITATIONS OF STOCK CLUTCH

• Sponsors (?)

you're running boost through a stock clutch?? Wow. The limitations of a stock clutch are not much higher than stock. A set of sticky tires on an otherwise stock clutch shouldn't have much of a problem blowing up the clutch. FYI, the king cobra clutch is rated 30% over stock, or around 300ish flywheel horse. If that tells you anything, you're running on borrowed time, as the stock clutch is well under 300 horse.

I think the stocker and the parts store replacements are barely sufficient for getting from A to B. Running a built engine with boost? You're well beyond it's limits and it's just a matter of time until it's dead. Take it to the track and you'll start to smell it.

I got a new stock clutch (parts store I'm sure) with the T5 conversion the guy sent me. This thing slips with my h/c/i, works ok for DDing, but if I step on it...:nonono:

The only reason I'm using it because was I teaching myself how to drive a stick (yes, in a souped up Mustang) and I didnt want to burn up a good expensive clutch. Now I got the foot work down and I'll be getting a better one soon.:nice: