Lincoln Mark 8 suspension swap and fun this weekend

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Bedford, MA
Ok so this is my friend Georges 98 Mark 8...He came in with what he said was an oil leak. Instead of getting right to the suspension swap as planned i spent time fixing his very very bad oil leaking problem. (Was pissed that the car leaked oil all over the garage floor like an Exxon spill) So this weekend I changed a Gasket between the Oil filter block then suspension. Oil Gasket looks like a "pē-nəs". I was having alot of fun.
Strangely no alcohol this time. We were using torches :cheers: + :flame: = :eek:

Ditching the air ride.
PICT0680.jpg

This car had a horrible leak from the Oil filter mounting gasket. Its between the block that the oil filter mount. This piece even has a coolant passage too. Can barely see it. Can you say "Carpal Tunnel"
PICT0695.jpg

Playing with gaskets
View attachment 265246

More fun with gaskets
View attachment 265247

Front installed ....this is a PITA job. Almost as bad as the Oil leak
PICT0690.jpg

My buddy Brandon & His new blow torch/ Cutter/ Welder
View attachment 265249

Last time my buddy came over I installed new headlights with a custom Quad HID setup. 2HID bulbs low beam and 2 more HID bulbs come on for highs. Hi beam is 4 HID bulbs at once...Literally blindingly bright. 4 ballasts. 4300k Bulbs
View attachment 265250

Of course all goofing off happened after all said work was done. That gasket that resembles the male genetalia was actually the old one. Seems this part on the 4.6 motor has a rubber ring that eventually collapses over time allowing oil to freely leave the block almost as fast as you can pour it in.

Then in weekend tradition we go to "BUFU" Chinese Buffet.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)