Lincoln Mark VIII Fan Question

GearHd6

Jul 19, 2005
Ashford, CT
I was wondering how people are installing these fans in Fox bodies cleanly with the coolant tank and all. And the fans are 2 speeds, do you just wire them to run on the highest speed? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Yep.. wire it to the highest speed, and either relocate or replace the overflow tank. I'm not sure about the Mark 8, but on the Taurus, the stock bottle actually fits nearly perfect on it.. some people flip it around and mount it on the opposite side, but I didn't have to.

If you need pictures of the MarkVIII or anything, mine is sitting right here next to the computer waiting for me to get my other parts gathered before I do the big install:

3-core radiator
Mark Viii fan
3G alternator upgrade + correct wiring and grounds

You wire it on the high speed and let www.dccontrol.com do the rest.

The 35A unit will run the MarkVIII fan...

The DC controller slowly ramps up the fan speed to avoid large spikes in current draw on your electrical system. They also have a feature for underdriven pullied cars where the fan will run at 10% when the ignition is on. Basically, it's like a cheap computer to control the fans operation automatically rather than relying on a hard ON/OFF switch from the cockpit.

Has anyone installed the Taurus fan on a Fox? Does it keep the engine cool even with A/C or should I just use the Mark VIII and make it work? The Taurus fan design looks like it will be a cleaner install.

GearHd6 said:
Has anyone installed the Taurus fan on a Fox? Does it keep the engine cool even with A/C
As far as people on this thread, SGarlic runs a Taurus fan and Dc Controller, as I recall. He lives in the very hot desert - I would say that is quite revealing.

For you guys who run the fan with only a switching means for high speed (not using low speed, in essence), have you had issues with the motors going bad? Most of these two speed fans are meant to go from off to low and then to high (not from off to high). It seems plenty of folks do it the off-to-high method, so I was curious if you had issues. :shrug: