LIne Lock Installation

89_LX

Sep 16, 2007
Bellingham, WA
I'm trying to remove the brake line on the bottom of my proportioning valve that goes to the right front wheel to install my line lock kit and the POS will not come loose?? im using a 6 point line wrench and its still stripping out.

I payed $160 for the kit so i dont want to give up. but its way too tight

Got any Ideas? i tried soaking it with WD40, but no luck.

• Sponsors (?)

use a pair of vise grips. sounds like the fitting is skrewed up anyways, so while your putt line lock in, just replace the line when u get the old one off. if the vise grips dont work, cut the line and tap a 6 pt socket over the fitting and use a ratchet. i allways use vise grips if i cant get a line off, knowing that ill be replacing the line.

yeah, its the right line. i have to put a line coming out of the proportioning valve to the input on the roll control, then make 2 lines out of the line lock and connect them separately to the two front lines and plug off the bottom port on the master cylinder where the left front line went.

it doesnt matter if its heavy duty fluid or not. brake fluid is highly flammable.... even if there is no leaking fluid, the fluid will expand and heat up to a point where it can boil and ruin seals. dont ever use heat on brake products.