Lingenfelter heads and Joe overton cam Dynojet #s

LPE Z CONVT said:
Ya forgot about the 03 and 04 cobras they are badass.. I WOULD BUY ONE IN A HEARTBEAT IF THEY WERN'T SO PRICEY...Why can't we all get along i like mustangs ... Hell for that matter i like all muscle cars as long as they are not rice :notnice: I have owned mustang,camaros and trans ams...Like i said i would have an 03 cobra next to my vert if they cost less... Praise ford they hit a home run with that one...
Don't worry, I'm not flinging **** at you because your a Chevy guy, I'll do it to anyone... :stick:

I came this ---><--- close to buying a Mineral Grey 2003 Cobra a few weeks back. It ended up going for $23,650. That's not too bad all things considered. But alas, I decided to keep my old school pushrod. It may be slow, but the payments are much less than they would be on that Cobra...

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

FlyBy763 said:
I have a buddy with an 02 T/A WS6 that makes 400 RWHP with just a cam and some other goodies, so I would think that a heads/cam LS1 would make a lot more than that...
Here are his mods:

Comp Cams 224/224 .581/.581 LSA112
EX-616 Springs, EX-122 Titanium Retainers, Comp Cams Chromoly Pushrods
Hooker Long Tubes w/Jet Hot Coating, True Duals w/X-Pipe
Direct-Flo Air Lid, K&N, Prothane Transmission Mount, Pro 5.0

401.1 HP @ 6300, 376 ft-lbs @ 5100
FYI you can't compare a 15 Deg. Headed SBC to a 23 Deg. SBC... LS1's are the leading edge of Small Blcok Chebby Pushrod tech.. They run the number out the factory.. FYI the fastest 4th Gen Fbody is a Blown Lsx.. But the fastest N/A 4th Gen is Joe O. w/ a 9.36@142 and some change.. Its still a LT1 w/ opti and all.. AFR heads.. The fastest N/A Lsx is the S.A.M car i think.. well thats what joe told me anyway.. Was like a 9.50 or so.. When you start going into the heads the gap start's to lessen between the 2 motor's..

Btw
Great #'s LPE.. ;) And that joe o cam is probably a baby one at that.. :banana:

IllusionalTA said:
FYI you can't compare a 15 Deg. Headed SBC to a 23 Deg. SBC... LS1's are the leading edge of Small Blcok Chebby Pushrod tech.. They run the number out the factory.. FYI the fastest 4th Gen Fbody is a Blown Lsx.. But the fastest N/A 4th Gen is Joe O. w/ a 9.36@142 and some change.. Its still a LT1 w/ opti and all.. AFR heads.. The fastest N/A Lsx is the S.A.M car i think.. well thats what joe told me anyway.. Was like a 9.50 or so.. When you start going into the heads the gap start's to lessen between the 2 motor's..

Btw
Great #'s LPE.. ;) And that joe o cam is probably a baby one at that.. :banana:
Thanks IllusionalTA for the kind words... Here is Joe last pass..fourth and final pass 4:44 p.m. DA 1542'
1.304 60 ft. ( been told it was with back tires :) )
[email protected] ( new best 1/8 and mph)
[email protected] (new best 1/4 and mph) :)
Look at the DA ... :banana:

Hey did you go with a Joe O cam?

I'll be curious what this car runs when it is done. It put out over 1500 hp. Here are the specs:

Built a 402 ci iron block forged shortblock with a single 94mm turbo.

TEA Z06 cylinder heads.
8.2-1 compression ratio
Cam Motion solid roller
Jesel lifters, rockers and belt drive
Wheel to Wheel sheetmetal manifold with 105mm throttle body
Daily pan and dry sump pump
Wheel to Wheel main girdle with steel main caps
Wheel to Wheel Distributor drive
FAST controller

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196264

LPE Z CONVT said:
Well to be honest those are good #s for an Lt1 .. The car is an auto if it were a 6speed we would have hit 400rwhp.... As for wanting an Ls1 don't think so i like the raw grunt of the LT1 alot more... Do some research alot of Ls1s Head /cam cars are around the #s i put down.... But since we are on the subject what type of #s does your car make :D

do some research?

most cam only ls1s are where you are

many many cam only cars are over 400.

My roomates made 404/424 through a 4l60... how is that for pure grunt ;)

what stall is that? your torque numbers are low , it must be tight

moneypit94 said:
Those are nice numbers and everything but just because your on a mustang forum I have to say this..

You need those extra cubic inches and horsepower just to pull that heavy ass bitch im sure...

GM just never really got the idea of higher hp and less weight for some reason...

z06? :nice:

LPE Z CONVT said:
So he gained roughly 90 rwhp from cam and bolt ons not bad... Heads really don't gain alot with the LS1s they already flow well.. That is why you see alot of cam only LS1s....My buddy has a 2000 SS with g5x2 cam and boltons put down 370rwhp on the same dyno and same day i went... Sorry i am not 100% correct with the LS1s on firing orders etc. but if i owned one or cared enough about them i would know....Fact still is an LT1 is tha fastest f-body in the world..N/A ...

dont gain much fomr heads?

Um ok... thats why swapping just the afrs on over the ls6 they made well over 400 top the wheels

370?

thast PATHETIC there is no excuse for that car to be under 400 and with ported heads 420s
:notnice:

is this a mustang dyno? that is the only explanation or your friends car is screwed tune wise.

95snoozer said:
and his isnt even as light as mine.. maybe i need a heads cam stroked 4 valve with 4.30s
The motor is bored .010 or .020 over. I believe it's only a 283. The gearing, if my math is correct is a 4.56, and I believe his race weight is somewhere in the 3400 pound neighborhood.
HairyCanary said:
Damn... again? I'm used to it...
As usual :rolleyes:.... :D

To the Chevy guys - SBC's suck. The 409 is the best ever. :D

Joe

95snoozer said:
dont gain much fomr heads?

Um ok... thats why swapping just the afrs on over the ls6 they made well over 400 top the wheels

370?

thast PATHETIC there is no excuse for that car to be under 400 and with ported heads 420s
:notnice:

is this a mustang dyno? that is the only explanation or your friends car is screwed tune wise.
His car is a cam only car... Tune is fine... I still stand by my claim that LS1s don't gain much from heads.... If you want to talk about AFR heads that is a diffrent story .. What stage? fully ported or out of the box... For that much money i would hope they would gain more than what you claim...I wouldn't rip on other peoples car about dyno #s until you at least can come close to his #s :notnice: By the way dyno#s don't win races... His car with cam only went 12.4@114 with a 2.2 sixty foot..... Mine went [email protected] with a 1.874 sixty foot in a car that is around 4000#s ...All track times are before the tune.... All track times were N/A ....

95snoozer said:
do some research?

most cam only ls1s are where you are

many many cam only cars are over 400.

My roomates made 404/424 through a 4l60... how is that for pure grunt ;)

what stall is that? your torque numbers are low , it must be tight
Where should my torque #s be then, my car is still a stock bottom end no stroker .... The stall is 3000

BTW do you run a 306 in your mustang ? I raced one in my stock 142,000 mile SS over the weekend and had him by over a car through part of 3rd gear before i let out.. I thought his 306 mustang with AFR heads would kill me...

GreenMustangGt said:
all i can say is, while you may have more power, i sure as hell wouldent want to install heads/cam/intake on a F-body Jesus taht must suck
LMFAO hell yes it sucks but once you get all the bull **** out of the way (wiring and hoses) you do have some room.... I can change my plugs in about 35 min... now .. The first time i did it with the stock manifolds it took like 4hours..

I would hate to put headers on a DOHC cobra.... :D

114 is pathetic for that rediculous cam.

my roomate went 117 with the typical tr224 runs 11.70s

I am knocking his car because that dyno is pathetic and so is the trap. my friends with that setup are all in the 120s or very high teens and making over 400 on stock heads or 420+ on 5.3 heads

what is he running stock manifolds or something?

your torque numbers are low for an auto car? like i said your stall must be tight...

and about my car.... I dont even need his numbers to run with yall.

my car is a 302 with bone stock heads old times are in the sig, but thats not where it is now different manifold and welds slicks and skinnies.... and a pile of other stuff sitting in my living room ready to go on when i feel like it but i have more important things going on right now.

you beat an afr 306 mustang? man... since all heads cam 5.0s are fast :rofl:

LPE Z CONVT said:
To the Chevy guys - SBC's suck. The 409 is the best ever.

Joe

Sounds like maybe you need to find a guy by the name of Joe Overton and see how well your 409 stacks up to a 388... N/A of course... :rlaugh:

man his balls must be swore from you sack riding him so much :rlaugh: