List of ppl I hate on SN

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
Ok, these people have influenced me into taking on projects like no other lol... bastards:
Mansonozz, Dman, almost stock, Stang22, 87ttop, and others who have polished nice engine bays. All I have been doing today is polishing and I have one shiny IAC to show for it :D

Check out my progress, finally found some tripoli at Ace today and went crazy!!
sorry for the cam phone pics

0124072158.jpg

0124072158a.jpg

finished off the plaque
0124072158b.jpg

refinished my egr spacer.
0124072159.jpg

Attachments

• 0124072158.jpg
    0124072158.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 0124072158a.jpg
    0124072158a.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 0124072158b.jpg
    0124072158b.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 0124072159.jpg
    0124072159.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 41
  • Sponsors (?)

like 2.5 hrs and I need to get some more polishing heads for my dremel to get into the small spots, and tomorrow I am gonna take off the acc. brackets and start them. wow I'm addicted.

All the guys you've mentioned (I am ignoring myself) have dozens of hours (likely understating hours) into learning the in's and outs of polishing aluminum...there really is a learning curve not only into getting the finish but also doing it reasonably quickly. It really looks like you've done a hell of a job there!!!! just remember the basic ideas to the whole process...smoother the surface the better the reflection....finer the scratches better the reflection. You can never have a perfect mirror with aluminum and infact bad lighting is easily found with polished aluminum...so don't be overly concearned if it's not 'perfect' it likely is damn close.

YUP, this is how it all starts. You do one piece, like the way it looks, then you gotta do another and then another. Sounds like you have caught the "SHINY" addiction.

As you go along, you will find your own technique and find short cuts. Everyone has their own methods.

Parts look good by the way. :nice:

^yup and ^yup.

Looks awesome for a first attempt, that's for sure! Nice going.

Watch out for the AC/PS bracket, the finish you get from it will turn to **** in no time.

psst: polish those IAC bolts or get chrome ones :nice:

^yup and ^yup.

Watch out for the AC/PS bracket, the finish you get from it will turn to **** in no time.

Yeah when I mocked it up I was like damn those are ugly lol.

Looks like I am gonna have to start polishing everything on a bi-weekly basis to keep everything looking good, I have the bug bad.

And just cuz I am cool like that, I did this in like 2 sec.
0124072228.jpg

Attachments

• 0124072228.jpg
    0124072228.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 47
^yup and ^yup.

Dave's good eh!!! old hardware will stick out like a sore thumb when installed next to a polished or newly painted item. Now Grey you need to remember a couple things before you get carried away....daily driver and polished parts don't always go nicely hand in hand. Any water that makes contact with the alum is best removed sooner rather than later and polished alum does require somewhat regular alum cleaner applied or it will oxidize as a result of the elements...so you need to keep up the maintenence if you wan't to continue that route. It's easier for guys who don't drive in the nasty elements like myself...I don't even think she remembers what rain is.:p ...and neither do most of the guys you listed.

Yeah i know, My old intake plaque I have on the car now has oxidized already from polishing and rainy weather. My car is a DD though, so rain or shine, shes toughin it out. I'm gonna hav to do some work to keep it up. I don't mind, it gives me something to do when I am bored, llike today when the GF wanted me to go to a freaking fashion show featuring... ALL GUYS. Sorry but I am not into that obviously lol, I said tell me how it goes, I'll see you later ,

Very Nice!!!:nice: :nice:

2-1/2hrs for an IAC is actually pretty quick I think.
You’ve probably already heard this a hundred times but in case you haven’t. The bottom of the IAC is metal and once you’ve polished it, it won’t take long to rust unless you put a clear the bottom cap of the IAC.

Think about what DMAN is saying and you can’t go wrong.

learning the in's and outs of polishing aluminum...there really is a learning curve not only into getting the finish but also doing it reasonably quickly. It really looks like you've done a hell of a job there!!!! just remember the basic ideas to the whole process...smoother the surface the better the reflection....finer the scratches better the reflection. You can never have a perfect mirror with aluminum and infact bad lighting is easily found with polished aluminum...so don't be overly concearned if it's not 'perfect' it likely is damn close.