List your cars problems

2003 Mustang GT, 31000 miles

1) Under heavy throttle and quick clutch release (enough to get up n go, not enough to spin the tires) I get a grinding noise from the clutch (i guess?)

2) Windows don't go down sometimes (hit the switch, nothing happens). Don't know what causes this. Happens once every few months.

3) First time I hit the breaks every morning, I get a squeek. They're fine after that.

4) VERY rarely, at high rpm's the shifter doesn't go straight into gear, and if I'm tryin to shift quick I grind the gears. For all the times I've done that though, and missed gears completely (my first manual car), my TR3650 still performs amazing compared to others I've heard about.

Thats it pretty much. Had some charging/draining problems when I had a battery savery my uncle bought me. The thing turned out to be defective. He's a bowtie guy, I'm convinced it was sabotage.

Anyone know what's up with #1 and 2? I'd guess from what I hear, #1 is the TOB, but I don't know. And #2 is just weird...

Oh yeah, I bought a C&L intake plenum, and a hose that attaches to the back of it gets in the way of my throttle body cable. The last half inch or so of pedal, you can actually feel the little bump on the cable hit the hose.

• Sponsors (?)

58,000 miles -
seat belts dont retract (ford will fix for free)
engine sounds noisy until warm (could be due to the alum block)
drivers side door sound deadner fell into the window track
paint peeled off hood
bottom of the crome window trim on rear window has never been in the track
Mach stereo amps dont come on when radio is on when starting the car...have to turn off the radio for 5seconds then power the radio back on and amps come on.
srs airbag cover on pax side top left corner is starting to peel back slightly
color is wearing off the plastic trim ring that covers the center panel a/c-radio ect
gas pedel sticks even without the floor mat installed

This has been mechanically an awesome well built car for the money. I drive it like I stole it everyday. Hell I try to drive normal but the A.I. in the computer has a gas addiction now and floors it anyway, I just steer and hold on.:)

Lets see

2003 GT 39,000 miles owned 3 years

current probs : none
past probs : none

overall, reliable and problem free!!

1988 Mustang 5.0 105,000 miles, owned 7 years

current probs : none...needs to go faster
past probs: water pump at 70K miles

other than me modding it, only time it left me stranded was when the water pump failed...in my driveway. $40 and a day later back on the road.

Overall my Mustangs have been good to me

ugh...i have that problem too. what exactly is the fix?

You know, I really don't know! At first I thought it was the CC plates (Steeda 3 bolt) but they are mounted fine and torqued to spec. I was thinking something in the front suspension since my car is lowered with H&R SS springs (2 inch drop).

I am going to have the dealer take a look at it in the Spring, when I take it out of Winter storage. If you want me to shoot you a PM with the technician's diagnosis ... let me know!

Matt

1999 GT vert

-No front bumper
-rear bumper cracked
-rear tail light cracked
-no paint on new hood
-eats tires
-eats tranny's
-currently running on 7.5 cylinders (has hole in exhaust valve on #4)
-Miss my turbo (taken off for rebuild)
-Hate vortech
-to many noises to worry about
-ABS computer died
-Flat spots on front tires (thanks ABS computer)
-worn steering wheel
-currently filled with water due to leaky top
-leaks oil, then burns it on the cats
-seats don't recline enough to have *good* sex in car
-driver's window goes up 1/4" too far thus making the window not close all the way when you shut the door
-car designed for short driver
-DR's loose traction at the boat ramp

Wow, I wonder what it is like to be a normal person and just DRIVE a car. Even if it is making horrible noises your just to dumb to notice that it is bad. Must be nice. And cheap....

01 GT, 71k miles

fog light went out (wear/tear)
tires wore out (wear/tear)
x-GF blew the diff apart (fixed under ext. warranty)
fogged out headlights (happens)
door jamb switch intermittent (double horn chirp for door unlock)

other than that, nothing too major. i have no dome light due to the door jamb switch. had to yank the bulb but the map lights work just as good.

03 Cobra vert 23,000 miles

Problems:
-when it is cold out side it makes "too much" boost :rlaugh:
-passengers keep complaining of whiplash :)
-only gets 8 mpg in city on premium fuel :shrug:
-makes my pants feel too tight when I look at it :p
-people constantly want to talk about it/ride in it :rolleyes:
-chicks always trying to give me their phone numbers in front of the wife :nonono:
-every douchebag on the road tries to race me :nono:

03 Cobra vert 23,000 miles

Problems:
-when it is cold out side it makes "too much" boost :rlaugh:
-passengers keep complaining of whiplash :)
-only gets 8 mpg in city on premium fuel :shrug:
-makes my pants feel too tight when I look at it :p
-people constantly want to talk about it/ride in it :rolleyes:
-chicks always trying to give me their phone numbers in front of the wife :nonono:
-every douchebag on the road tries to race me :nono:

:lol:

02 GT Auto,

Driver side window creeks when lowering
lost OD about a year ago, just rebuilt with some good stuff
other than that the car runs awsome, I can live with a little road noise and loud rumbling exhaust....oh and one more thing......front coil over is awsome just a little noisy somtimes...........

"ED"

Oh man, all the problems...:nonono:

*Rear bumper has a paint crack
*Steering wheel squeaks when turning
*Driver side door panel vinyl is peeling at the armrest
*Intermittent passenger exhaust rattle with ac cycling on and off
*Front brakes grind- been doing that since car was new
*When you lower the windows, they slowly "creak" down about 1/2" (annoying)
*Convertible top leaks- already been fixed once, oh well...
*Headlights aimed too high (they replaced them) so I get flashed EVERYTIME I drive at night:mad:
*Console storage thing- the hinge for the lid has lost all of its paint so it's rusted- you can see it as a passenger- looks like a$$

Other than what is wrong, the car is a POS because:
*The hood scoop will always drip water after car washes- even though I use an air chuck and press on it.
*You cant have anything in the door panel pockets with the radio on- it all rattles (and my bass is NOT set on high).

All of this with only 13,000 miles.. I'd love to see it when it hits 100K.. IF it gets there...:rolleyes:

Ok here goes.

2004 - 10,105 miles

1) No floor lighting
2) No glove box lighting
3) Electrical tape type wrap in engine compartment unwrapping itself

Pretty sad huh.

I've an 02 GT with 11,000miles. At 9,000 miles the winshield wipers stopped working. Still've not gotten it fixed but other than that issues and a occasional clutch chatter from the tob i love this car.:D

I could not deal with that annoying problem so I removed it all and installed zip ties:

View attachment 405815

View attachment 405817

Yep... zip ties are the way to go. Just replace them as they age and get brittle.

EngineBay.jpg

My problems...

Driver's side original floor mat was wearing through.... ordered a new set yesterday.

Idle was high and CEI was on, throwing a code saying "Idle is high"... duh... fixed that yesterday and now she is purring like a kitten. Reset the computer and the CEI is still off after running her for a couple hours.

Have two gauges mounted and lines ran but it's been too cold to finish the job. I'll be working on it more in the next week or so if it warms up a bit.

Need to clay bar the car when it starts warming up...

Car needs to be driven...

:(

Attachments

• EngineBay.jpg
    EngineBay.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 99
1. Stock brakes suck. They grind and squeak all the time and it's not the pads.
2. Interior is an effing joke. Bubbles randomly appeared on the drivers door panel and the section around the radio is pealing off.
3. I have looked everywhere for the cause of that EVAP code and still have had no luck. Although it doesn't seem to pop up as much since I seafoamed it....
4. There is absolutely no room to take off the oil filter.
5. Mach 460 system is a PITA to take out....not really a "problem" with the car but just thought I'd mention.
6. And WTF is the deal with the plugs? They are so easy to change...until you get to that back passenger side one.....that POS is so annoying.
Still all in all the car isn't too bad. It's fun to drive and does look sick all cleaned up. Fords, Chevy, Dodge are all the same, you sacrifice the small things like interior quality for power. With the exception of the crappy brakes.....I dunno what they were thinking there.

2001 GT
24k miles when I bought it in 2003. It now has 86k miles.

Only real problem
~IAC replaced

Recurring problems
~6 disc in dash CD player won't load/eject cds
~seatbelts don't retract
~windows squeek
~driver window stops working. Sucks when it's down and it starts pouring rain to where you can't see 10ft ahead on the road and you're on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.

Currently
~CD player error. It says there are CDs in it, but there aren't. It just says 'error' when I try to do anything to it.