Little Light Under Dash.

Riviera Tony

Sep 5, 2015
Hi everyone,
I'm new to Stangnet. I have a 67 convertible I found in Paris France last year. An original export survivor that was in the same garage under a house that it was registered in 1967, one owner. Only has 44,500 Km, 289 A code that hadn't been started in 10 years and mostly original. I've done all the normal stuff like plugs and wires, filters, hoses, rebuilt carb, solenoid, engine dampner, fuel sender, cleaned gas tank, leaf springs and shocks, cleaned radiator, thermostat, new electronic ignition, seat belts, vacuum on distributor, painted the corral argent, new trunk coverings, z-bar and clutch linkages, engine bay paint, and a few other bits. After doing all the preliminary bits above and turning the engine over by hand for a week with a little diesel in the cylinders, she started right up.
I'm now in process of putting EPAS steering in because mostly you can't see it (under the dash) so under the hood looks the same. I'm also changing the gauge bezel and dash plates, the original owner has polished all the chrome off. It has the deluxe option so all of it is alu. I doesn't matter that it won't be completely original anymore because I'll never sell it so might as well enjoy it the way I want.
My question is::::
Does anyone know what the little "knob" looking item with a small red light in the middle of it, that is mounted under the dash, to the right of the steering wheel and next to the console? I found it tucked up under the dash, not mounted.
Also, there is a small chrome light mounted in the same area. I think it should have a lens in it. It was also tucked up under the dash, not mounted. I have a feeling this one could be "door ajar" or something like that.
Thanks for any help.
Tony

• Sponsors (?)

One is the seat belt warning light ,the other would have to be the emergency brake warning light .
66047d1239117771-1966-mustang-deluxe-seat-belts-seat-belt-light.jpg

Thanks Jim,
the emergency brake warning light, I thought was an option for one of them, (the chrome one needing a lens) but unfortunately the car wasn't fitted with seat belts as original. I have fitted them since.

Since its a European model, could it be a parking light indicator? the BMWs I owned while in Germany I think had lights for that. When you parked on a narrow city street after turning the engine off, you would turn the blinker to which ever side of the car was facing the street and it would dimmly light that headlight and tail light to warn other drivers.
Just a thought?

Hi Tos, thanks for the input, but i think 67 was a bit early for such tech. i'm just about to go through the wiring and try to trace it. i'm pretty sure one of the lights is for the emergency brake and the other is still a mystery. take care.

Thanks for pics Horse Sence. I have the chrome bit for the brake light so that's it and the other one i have as well and although not exactly like the pic, it's very similiar. i'll try to trace the wires now and see if i can't get them to work. any idea where i could get the little lens for the brake light?