Livewire with SCT Chip and Tune?

Rickyll7

Dec 16, 2005
Does anyone here know if there will be any issues if I use the Livewire tuner with a SCT chip with custom tune installed in the PCM?

Also, is there a way that I can copy the custom tune from my chip to the Livewire tuner so that I can then just burn that tune to the PCM and ditch the chip?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone here know if there will be any issues if I use the Livewire tuner with a SCT chip with custom tune installed in the PCM?

Also, is there a way that I can copy the custom tune from my chip to the Livewire tuner so that I can then just burn that tune to the PCM and ditch the chip?

Thanks.

Yes, there will be issues. You won't be allowed to load a tune from the Livewire into a car that already has a performance chip installed. Just remove the chip and sell it on EBay...

The 2nd question...is a good one. I know they have a chip burner available to the end user, but I don't know about a chip reader. I'd go out to their website...they must have a support forum moderated with some SCT gurus would could answer that for you and help you out.

Correct on removing the chip.

No way to read a chip at all. You'd have to have the original dealer email you the file(s) you had on the chip in .ll3 format, then you'd have to load them into the LW.

Even if you COULD read the chip, the burner does you no good without the SCT Pro Racer software.

You COULD read the chip with a Moates burner and Binary Editor provided they have the strategy for your vehicle, but that'd do you no good either unless you had SCT software to program the LW.

Don

I decided to buy the Livewire and the Pro Racer Software and my tuner has agreed to work with me on tuning the car through e-mail starting with my original tune which he still has on file. However, I need to data log which means I also need a wideband, correct?

If so, which wideband should I get to connect to my Livewire?

Thanks!

I decided to buy the Livewire and the Pro Racer Software and my tuner has agreed to work with me on tuning the car through e-mail starting with my original tune which he still has on file. However, I need to data log which means I also need a wideband, correct?

If so, which wideband should I get to connect to my Livewire?

Thanks!

yes, you need a wideband. i have a Innovate LC-1. it was like $180.

Correct on removing the chip.

No way to read a chip at all. You'd have to have the original dealer email you the file(s) you had on the chip in .ll3 format, then you'd have to load them into the LW.

Even if you COULD read the chip, the burner does you no good without the SCT Pro Racer software.

You COULD read the chip with a Moates burner and Binary Editor provided they have the strategy for your vehicle, but that'd do you no good either unless you had SCT software to program the LW.

Don

Hey Don , seems Sniper has figured out that being able to read a chip is finally important , their new chips and burners can now read the tunes off the chips , and the new chips and cables will support 8 tunes on a single chip ....

Is there a particular wideband that will connect to my LW better or more easily than others and is there one that does not come with the gauge (as I will be using the LW as the interface)?